Nissan side steping Issue.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Claybreaker

Nissan side steping Issue.

Postby Claybreaker » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm

I have a 2009 SE Pathfinder that has cracking on the back cover that hides the jack and gear. I was just told buy Nissan that it does not effect the driveability of the suv and all of the one's they checked in stock have this issue. Plus me and my salesman checked new 2010 pathfinders and all of them were cracked too. The issue I have is when you take out the cover and look at the underside you will see white stress cracks around the handel. Plus when you get into the back with your knees on this cover you hear it cracking and popping. In time I know I will have problems with this cover breaking. But it will not effect the drivability. :evil: I did post a question a few months back asking people if this was happing to them and I got a few responces back saying yes. So I am asking again if you have a cracked cover call Nissan and let them know. Thank you I am done now.

08 pathy

Postby 08 pathy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 pm

My 06 did it and was repaced by dealer only to crack again. My 08 is doing the same thing and I'm not going to worry about...

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 am

I have put hundreds & hundreds of pounds of stuff on top of that cover, many different times. I haven't looked to see if it is cracked or cracking, but it is still in one piece and that's all that really concerns me. Having said all of that, I have to admit that I have that tiny space under the cover completely filled-clean rags, various lengths of rope, hatchet, etc. Basically, all of the space is used. I'd imagine if I didn't have anything in there that the cover would have cracked long ago.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 am

NVSteve wrote:I have put hundreds & hundreds of pounds of stuff on top of that cover, many different times. I haven't looked to see if it is cracked or cracking, but it is still in one piece and that's all that really concerns me. Having said all of that, I have to admit that I have that tiny space under the cover completely filled-clean rags, various lengths of rope, hatchet, etc. Basically, all of the space is used. I'd imagine if I didn't have anything in there that the cover would have cracked long ago.
That's a good idea. I already have bungies back there, but I'm gonna fill it with other useful stuff alsol.

I wonder if having the cargo cover will help as well.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”