Launching the pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

Launching the pathfinder

Postby me&pathy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 pm

well i got a good run out of her today probably the best since iv had it, My 06 is sitting on four general's i turned of vdc and the over drive mated the brake pedal to the floor went wot the brakes let the rear tires go at about 3 grand quickly let of the brake and she booked it, winded first all the way out and banged into second. i figure a 7.2 to 7.3 running to 60 on 91 octane, it was 56F out. not bad at all for a 7 passenger suv. Brake launching makes a massive difference in its get up and go.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 am

that sounds like fun...lol i baby mine

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 am

cruzstyle wrote:that sounds like fun...lol i baby mine
it is she puts up with a lot of abuse

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:16 am

I haven't done any all-out runs with mine but it does like to short-shift 1st and 2nd gear. Passing speed is my main goal and it does a pretty good job there. Suspension isn't quite up to the speeds it can get to, but that's another issue.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

i added the heavy duty shocks from blisten and they are quiet nice

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:18 pm

cruzstyle wrote:i added the heavy duty shocks from blisten and they are quiet nice
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Bilsteins as well but haven't researched them much for the PF. How do they stack up to the stock units? I also get a fairly significant "hop" when hitting big bumps and was wondering if replacement shocks would help there. The PF handles pretty good but a few bumps or humps in the road and it gets a little squirrelly for my tastes. What PSI are you all running in the tires? I honestly haven't looked at my door to even see what is recommended but the display is reporting 34-35psi all around.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 pm

3g might be a little high, yer loading up with fuel that isnt gonna burn all that quick or as efficient.

Try 2800...

I beat the tar outta my truck.. I ratchet-shift way too much... I miss my hot rods what can I say... Also caught a few good stop-light Gran Prixs with it.. Noone expects it to go like it does.... Wish i got the V8 though...

MM

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am

skinny2 wrote:
cruzstyle wrote:i added the heavy duty shocks from blisten and they are quiet nice
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Bilsteins as well but haven't researched them much for the PF. How do they stack up to the stock units? I also get a fairly significant "hop" when hitting big bumps and was wondering if replacement shocks would help there. The PF handles pretty good but a few bumps or humps in the road and it gets a little squirrelly for my tastes. What PSI are you all running in the tires? I honestly haven't looked at my door to even see what is recommended but the display is reporting 34-35psi all around.
what tires are on it?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 am

me&pathy wrote:
what tires are on it?
Stock Generals. Roads are pretty bumpy here right now with frost heaves and at times it jumps across the lane a bit. Seems to do it more when there's a series of bumps which makes me think it's shock related. Tires were 32psi cold this morning so that shoudn't be causing it.

Really just wondering if others have this characteristic.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:04 pm

skinny2 wrote:
me&pathy wrote:
what tires are on it?
Stock Generals. Roads are pretty bumpy here right now with frost heaves and at times it jumps across the lane a bit. Seems to do it more when there's a series of bumps which makes me think it's shock related. Tires were 32psi cold this morning so that shoudn't be causing it.

Really just wondering if others have this characteristic.
well i can say she bounces and hops all over the road if there is dip, i have my tires at 34 psi all around but it does feel more stable when there is weight in the rear, but anything over 100 it feels fine.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”