Bose Head Unit Issue

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

MrTypical

Bose Head Unit Issue

Postby MrTypical » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:51 am

My pathfinder has the Bose speaker option. Yesterday for no apparent reason the stations started to skip around randomly. It will do it intermitently and the timeing seems to be totally random. It switched stations both up and down on its own. So I got tired of it jumping to static and I changed over to a CD. With the CD it randomly jumps around up and down accross tracks within the same CD but does not change to other CD's on it own. Sometimes I can listen for 30 minutes with no problem, other times it changes every 2 seconds. I imediatley thought loose wire, and intentionally drove over a bumpy road to try to confirm that this would cause it to jump all over the stations. Didn't work. Then while sitting still at a traffic light it changed all by itself again. Anyone else experience this, it's really annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:57 am

might be something wront inside the radio.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 pm

bad head unit mine would turn up and down and the replacment broke 6 moths later so im on number 3 now and its been good

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm

I have an aftermarket head unit now so my memory is fuzzy, but if the buttons that change the station on the radio are the same ones that change CD tracks, you may want to make sure the buttons aren't stuck half way down. Perhaps something sticky was spilled on the radio causing them to remain partially depressed?? I would try to clean all the buttons with some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol and a blast of compressed air (if you don't have a compressor, the small cans for computer cleaning should work pretty well). That would be a cheap and easy way to rule out button issues if it doesn't work.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:03 pm

First thing that came to my mind when reading this, was the steering wheel controls. Yet another possibility.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”