Towing Package

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

CiK

Towing Package

Postby CiK » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:45 pm

I just purchased a 2006 Pathfinder LE. Paperwork tells me it has towing package included. What does the towing package include though?

Hitch?
Wire Harness?
Transmission Cooler?

Thanks for the help!

Tony

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm

My 06 LE has the towing package which includes the hitch mount receiver ( no ball mount ) & 4 pin flat plug in located under the left rear of the bumper. I understand all pathfinders have the aux. trans cooler. I would recomend you bypass the trans cooler in the radiator as discussed on other posts. You also might consider installing a set of air bags in the rear springs.
I tow a 19' boat that weighs 4200 # wet on the trailer. I allways have to watch the speed because 70 - 75 towing is easy.
Good luck.

CiK

Postby CiK » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks NVR!

The intent with mine is to tow a boat too. Just about the same weight at what you have.

I have newb wiring question: Can I install the 7 pin RV trailer configuration but use it for boat trailer too?

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 am

CiK wrote:Thanks NVR!

The intent with mine is to tow a boat too. Just about the same weight at what you have.

I have newb wiring question: Can I install the 7 pin RV trailer configuration but use it for boat trailer too?
Yes... See my pics in my signature below... I have the 7 pin Nissan plug & play harness and a 7 pin to 4 pin plug in adapter to use when you tow a trailer with no brakes... Hope this helps............ Triffid

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”