Well, Darwin struck today. Something popped in my shift gate

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

hpc3

Well, Darwin struck today. Something popped in my shift gate

Postby hpc3 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:26 pm

and my new week-old Pathfinder had to be towed to the dealer for a look tomorrow AM. Have owned 3 Nissans prior, 10yrs worth, and not one has stranded me yet. Ironic the heavier duty vehicle failed versus my 2 maximas and my Quest.

Anyone had this happen before? Picked up the kids this afternoon, went to back out and something(clip maybe) popped off inside the shift gate. Got "D" instead of "R" and that was that, no more linkage. Turned it off and naturally it won't start now since its in "D." I pulled the console pieces out(cup holder, shifter surround) but couldn't get to anything that I could see from the top. I've just about completely dis/reassembled my other car(Audi S4) so I can probably find and fix it but... gees, 7 days old. Will report back with findings.

Still waiting on my dealer to:

- replace the center 2nd row bottom cover(hole in it at delivery)
- replace the bumper - paint flaws under the clearcoat, they want to repaint, I've requested another factory-sealed bumper cover
- replace first-aid kit, missing
- replace rear mat, missing

I fixed my iPod issue(dealer gave me a VR000 controller, needed a VR002, honest mistake I guess). This ownership has not started well.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu May 10, 2007 12:16 am

Wow, ouch, hopefully your teething issues sort out quick.

hpc3

Fixed. Cable clip popped off in the column shifter.

Postby hpc3 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:51 am

Dealer fixed it in about 20min they say. Anyone have a pic of the shifter gate/mechanism(car section) for reference? I pulled the cup holder trim and shifter/dash trim and could not directly see anything in the mechanism. wondering if I can do this without tools should it happen again.

Now just have to get Nissan to fix/replace the bumper... survey sitting on my desk patiently waiting as well :wink:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”