HIDS once again

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 am

mar1nasr wrote:i put in a 6000K kit 9007 bulbs, and it didnt really make a difference.

the light is stronger, but is scattering everywhere. doesnt really help in seeing ahead much as its useful for flashing the honda in front of you doing 40 on the highway.
That's because the stock housings were not meant to house HIDs. If you want accurate, crisp beam patterns you got to go the whole distance. What I mean by that is retrofit projectors into your housings.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 am

Yeah, but the stock beams are maybe the worst of any vehicle I've had.

Does the hi/low kit do high and low beams properly?

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:43 am

ShipFixer wrote:Yeah, but the stock beams are maybe the worst of any vehicle I've had.
They are not terrible imo.
ShipFixer wrote:Does the hi/low kit do high and low beams properly?
Not sure as I have not used DDM personally. I just know they come highly recommended by several people on different forums.

If the beam pattern really bothers you that much and you got money to spend, look into a nice FX35 projector retrofit.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Sun May 02, 2010 6:54 pm

ShipFixer wrote:Yeah, but the stock beams are maybe the worst of any vehicle I've had.
Wow. They really aren't that bad. May be you need to get your eyes check or have bad night vision. What other cars have you had in the past?

sleeper187

Postby sleeper187 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:48 pm

hey guys..i'm actually having an issue with my HIDs..i have a bi-xenon 5000k kit and when i first turn on the lights the left one flickers a bit then becomes steady..sometimes when i engage high beams it will work as it is supposed to, but other times when going from high beam to regular beam it will be extremely bright for a second and then go back to normal. sometimes when going from high beam to regular one of the lights will go out, if not both but turning the lights on and off for a second will get them both working again. any ideas?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”