OME 1" REAR LIFT SPRINGS

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 pm

kidhaulinpathfinder wrote: 265/75/16 is the largest I would want to go on stock wheels right?
Yes, and the speedo is tuned to that size also. Others will say differently, but even with the OME 2"+ lift, the wheel wells can get tight at times with the 265/75/16, especially with built up snow that I constantly have to chisel off.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm

kidhaulinpathfinder wrote:
NVSteve wrote:
kidhaulinpathfinder wrote:mild offroading.
If you don't have a problem with how your Pathfinder rides (when the shocks work), then your suggestion would work. Let me just say that when I bought mine & started making the daily commute to & from work, I was getting more pissed off by the minute. There are a number of dips and one set of railroad tracks near my office, and the stock suspension would bottom out in the rear constantly. Shocks won't stop that from happening, which is why I went with the beefier OME springs. Anyway, that's just my experience. If you haven't encountered any problems like that or similar, you should be fine with the shocks you mentioned. I'm actually running Monroe shocks in the rear of mine & they seem to do quite well (didn't have a choice-that was the only shock available to me in the entire city). They seem firmer than the OME shocks I had in the rear beforehand.
Thanks for the feedback. I have yet to bottom out even with 4 passangers so maybe I dont even "mildly offroad" it..lol

265/75/16 is the largest I would want to go on stock wheels right?
Yes, if you go any bigger you run into rubbing issues (even with a 2" lift) and you'll kill your gas mileage. I definately recomend the Bilsteins up front. You can set them at 1/2" or 1" and be fine levaing the rear stock.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”