New guy here got some Questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jaywebguy

New guy here got some Questions

Postby jaywebguy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:24 am

New guy here. I tried searching but could find much info on it. We've got an 08 pathfinder with the v8 (love the v8). For the most part we love it. However, we've got two issues with it that I'm hoping you guys can help with. The first is the wind noise on windy days. It's as if the the front windows aren't rolled up all the way. the second issue is the seat belts in the middle seats. They get stuck all the time and are really difficult for our 6 year old to get buckled in. I thought about getting a seatbelt extender to help. It's primarily the booster seat that's causing the issue. It looks like the seat extenders are designed to be used with the back seat though.

Jaso

certz656

Postby certz656 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 am

I also have an 08 w/ the V8, and love the power, have the same wind noise at speed w/ side winds. Feels like the windows are going to blow off. I live in central Nevada and think, like you living in an area where we get a lot of wind, we probably notice it more than in other areas of the country. I also think that the shape of the Pathfinder, being slab sided doesn't help either. I had an 06 Xterra and it too had the same issue w/ side winds. I have an 07 Titan and have no issue w/ side winds trying to pull the windows off, might have something to do w/ the design of the door seals?? I know that area of Idaho gets alot of wind, my son lives in Poky, and we used to live in Salmon. Traveling to I.F. for shopping, we'd get unreal wind going past the test site area, maybe nuclear winds :wink: .

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:59 am

We were getting horrible winds yesterday and it was pretty loud. Normally it's quite good so I can't complain too much about that. I've thought about adding the side window vents but sometimes they create MORE noise.

Both of my kids are in boosters and they have a terrible time buckling in the Pathy. I don't see how it could be fixed. It seems the problem is the latches don't stick out of the cushions very far. They have no trouble buckling in our other vehicles.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:40 pm

i partially solved that problem with some brute force.

roll down the windows, open the door, put your knee to it, and pull on the top of the door towards the inside.

noise is less, but still there.

2006R51MD

Postby 2006R51MD » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:07 pm

I have a 06 SE, added the In Chanel window vents and it did make a little difference. Not as much as I hoped for.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”