2005 Pathfinder ESP light on and no power

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jaybo

2005 Pathfinder ESP light on and no power

Postby jaybo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 am

Hey all

New guy from the UK

Would appreciate any help you tech guys can offer.

Firstly, I have a 49000 miles black 2005 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 that I love dearly....apart from the fuel :(

Recently, the orange ESP light on the dash and the orange slippy light has been coming on.

When I turn off the ignition and turn it back on again, it goes off.

Over the past few days I have noticed that there seems to be a distinct lack of power. When I cruise around 30 or 40mph and suddenly floor it, there is no drop of gear or power increase.

I also noticed that it seems to change gear automatically when it reaches around 3000 rpm and no matter how much i put my foot down it just changes gear.

If i manually select the gears it will go past 3000rpm and seems to be relatively quick again, but when in DRIVE it is very under powered.

Any help would really be appreciated

thanks all

08 pathy

Re: 2005 Pathfinder ESP light on and no power

Postby 08 pathy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:21 am

jaybo wrote:Hey all

New guy from the UK

Would appreciate any help you tech guys can offer.

Firstly, I have a 49000 miles black 2005 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 that I love dearly....apart from the fuel :(

Recently, the orange ESP light on the dash and the orange slippy light has been coming on.

When I turn off the ignition and turn it back on again, it goes off.

Over the past few days I have noticed that there seems to be a distinct lack of power. When I cruise around 30 or 40mph and suddenly floor it, there is no drop of gear or power increase.

I also noticed that it seems to change gear automatically when it reaches around 3000 rpm and no matter how much i put my foot down it just changes gear.

If i manually select the gears it will go past 3000rpm and seems to be relatively quick again, but when in DRIVE it is very under powered.

Any help would really be appreciated

thanks all
Sounds like it's going into safe mode... I would get it checked for codes as soon as you can.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”