Tested the Limits of the Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

me&pathy wrote: ahh the 8 series i love those things, I looked all over for one and couldn't find one. Couldn't you get one with a V12? or was it a 10. I cant remember.
dude, these things are coming out of the wood works now. all the rich people who couldn't afford their houses are getting rid of them for cash!

you just have to look hard for them as less than 3000 came to the US and 7000 to the americas. you also have to figure that loads of them are destroyed due to accidents and part-outs.

what part of cali are you from? there are loads in LA, and the bay area. there are also a few for sale in the Seattle and Scottsdale areas.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:45 am

oh back to the R51...

if you add the CAI you get a bit more top end power too! just imagine if you add the nismo headers and an exhaust!

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:00 pm

GimmieSumMo72 wrote:oh back to the R51...

if you add the CAI you get a bit more top end power too! just imagine if you add the nismo headers and an exhaust!
I thought about the a cai and i looked at the headers but i really dont know if im going to keep my pathfinder. :(

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am

why not?

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:27 pm

GimmieSumMo72 wrote:why not?
well i reified it and got a so so deal but now i owe whats it worth, Shes an 2006 With 45k on it and i really dont want to deal with the up keep. This is only my second car i have ever purchased. I normally just lease, and my local infiniti dealer is throwing a really good offer on a EX35. The pathfinder has been great but im just one person and its a a lot of truck. Plus the bad auto tensioner at 40k and the bad ac blower, and the third head unit for the stereo is going out. Just little things.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:40 am

skinny2 wrote:
Mr Mayor (was MarGinJoey) wrote:My trucks hood vibrates at anything over 85.. I don't dare go faster (105)...

MM
My hood doesn't do that from just straight speed, but if it's windy or if a truck passes me going the other way...it shakes quite a bit. I've been meaning to check the bump-stops to see if they need adjusted.
So I had to pass two big trucks this morning and poured on the fuel pretty hard. My hood turns to Jello at 100. Seems pretty good upto that point (except the cross-winds as mentioned before) but this is the first time I've taken it up that high. The good news is the power has no intention of backing off all the way to that speed. I was shopping the 4Runner before buying the Pathfinder and the Toy V6 started to suck wind around 80.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:21 pm

skinny2 wrote:
skinny2 wrote:
Mr Mayor (was MarGinJoey) wrote:My trucks hood vibrates at anything over 85.. I don't dare go faster (105)...

MM
My hood doesn't do that from just straight speed, but if it's windy or if a truck passes me going the other way...it shakes quite a bit. I've been meaning to check the bump-stops to see if they need adjusted.
So I had to pass two big trucks this morning and poured on the fuel pretty hard. My hood turns to Jello at 100. Seems pretty good upto that point (except the cross-winds as mentioned before) but this is the first time I've taken it up that high. The good news is the power has no intention of backing off all the way to that speed. I was shopping the 4Runner before buying the Pathfinder and the Toy V6 started to suck wind around 80.
eh on the 4runner couldnt see buying one, it was very boring to drive.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 pm

me&pathy wrote:eh on the 4runner couldnt see buying one, it was very boring to drive.
I was coming out of a Tundra (and a long line of Toyotas before that) so it was naturally something to shop. I was looking for an '08 or '09. The Sport with Xreas suspension handles terrific and overall is a lot more refined than the PF. But it has a very utilitarian interior, ho hum looks, and not the greatest features. The show-stopper for me was horrible seat comfort. I just did not fit in the 4Runner. The PF is not built anywhere near the tank-like structure of the previous gen 4Runner but it's a good performer, nice looking, and has much better features/interior. Too bad it has gobs of rattles, jello hood, and a soft/jittery suspension. I'm going to fix the suspension when I get time....but am thankful the Bose can generally drown out the rattles!

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Just cause!
Image[/i]

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”