Is your pathfinder noisy?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

flypig

Is your pathfinder noisy?

Postby flypig » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Mine is very noisy. The engine sounds louder inside the cabin than outside. Also, there are a lot of road noise from the stock tire.

I am wondering if everyone else has the same

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I've only had mine since December but have noticed the engine noise really seems dependent upon the gas I'm running. And not just premium vs regular. A couple stations the regular runs fine and very little "rattle" from the engine. Some make more noise even with the premium. I can't always buy gas at the same station so it's been hard to get a handle on. I've noticed this tank has been noisy, almost like there's rattling lifters at times. I have one station I use whenever possible and it seems to really like their fuel.

Tire noise: I have the Generals and no complaints. They're a little loud over bumps/humps but otherwise I have no complaints over road noise.

Rattles/Squeaks inside....different story. I've got several rather annoying rattles. My drivers side armrest started squeaking bad this morning and that's gotta be fixed.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

the tire noise from the stock BF on it were so loud as for the motor ya you can hear it but i like it.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

The only noise I've experienced in mine is an incredibly annoying, high-pitched whine coming from the front passenger area. It just seems to start and stop for absolutely no reason. I tried just about everything to get rid of it. I even bought new shoes. No progress. I was so frustrated. I finally got it to stop when I bought it jewelry.

On a more serious note. I have pretty aggressive tires and don't feel like the interior noise is a problem at all. I do get a fair amount of rattles inside from my modest stereo upgrades. I'll most likely be installing copious amounts of Dynamat soon. Hopefully I'll get more Lexus-like levels of noise after that.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Other than a small noise coming from the back glass area it's pretty quiet. My wife was recently commenting on how quiet it was.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 am

IcedTeasley wrote:Hopefully I'll get more Lexus-like levels of noise after that.
Lexus-like is what, like high pitched screaming cuz we can't get the car to stop? :)

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 am

disallow wrote:
IcedTeasley wrote:Hopefully I'll get more Lexus-like levels of noise after that.
Lexus-like is what, like high pitched screaming cuz we can't get the car to stop? :)
Wow I bet someone would be totally offended by that remark. Which makes it even more amusing :twisted:

Honestly, if some dynamat (or all the dynamat in the world) could make the Pathfinder Lexus quiet.....I'd gasp in disbelief for several hours at least. It's a reasonably quiet vehicle but you'd have to put a different engine in it to ever get that noise level on par with a Lexus. Besides, if I wanted a Lexus I would have bought one. MIL has a GX470 that is very quiet and will do everything I need the Pathy to do. But it handles like garbage! I once drove it at highway speeds with the OD off and didn't even realize it for several miles...until I looked at the tach and thought it was odd it rolled along at 3500rpm on the highway....doh!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”