2008 Pathfinder LE - Brakes and Tires

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Bandy1080

2008 Pathfinder LE - Brakes and Tires

Postby Bandy1080 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 pm

I've got a 2008 Pathfinder LE 4x4 and it needs new tires in the upcoming months. Figured I would shop around now.

I am looking for a tire that can handle the weather in the northeast. I do about 50% highway and 50% secondary roads. Not much offroading for this truck.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking to keep the cost low but not willing to sacrifice performance.

My local dealer has a buy three, get one free deal on these (and a lifetime warranty) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... +Sport+A/T

Now, I also need new front brakes, mine are 85% worn. What do people recommend, do I just go with the OEM brakes? The dealer quoted me $350 for front brakes and machining the rotors. What about ceramic brake pads?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

i got 275/70 Michelin LTX on mine. very silent, smooth, and should last a good three years.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:13 pm

I'll be shopping this fall. I'm leaning towards the Goodyear Fortera Triple-treads. I also like the Michelin LTX AT's and might go that route as well but dry handling is very high on my list an an AT tire usually isn't as good as a highway tire. I don't know anyone running the Sumitomo and it doesn't have bad reviews on tirerack, but that low ice traction score would concern me. At $125 a piece though....that's about as cheap as a tire comes in the 265/65-17 size.

I may also go with a dedicated snow tire this year because the route I'm driving gets very nasty at times. I came down one hill this winter and my butt is still a little puckered :shock:

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 2008 Pathfinder LE - Brakes and Tires

Postby disallow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 am

Bandy1080 wrote: Now, I also need new front brakes, mine are 85% worn. What do people recommend, do I just go with the OEM brakes? The dealer quoted me $350 for front brakes and machining the rotors. What about ceramic brake pads?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!
I also need to do the brakes on my 05. Checked my usual haunts, rockauto, maximumautoparts, came up with Raybestos and Centrix. Not really excited about either of these.

My rears are squeakin, I did my front pads last year, but now it looks like my rotors have warped. So I need front rotors and rear pads.

Will probably go dealer on the pads, but will either go good aftermarket on the rotors, or cheap aftermarket. On my civic, I could get rotors for $20, and they worked great for years. A little concerned with the pathy since its bigger and we do tow. But I found that OE pads mixed with cheap AM rotors were a good mix on the civic, stopping power actually was better than OE.

I also checked 4x4parts, but they were selling them for like $250. More than I would like to spend.

t

Phoenixd4g

sumitomo

Postby Phoenixd4g » Tue May 18, 2010 8:05 am

I am running the Sumitomo A/T tires and love them. I went back and forth on several different brands before deciding on these.

I am quite pleased with them and have put about 7k on them so far. Well worth it. Great tire and price with sticky traction for mild offroading. I dont do anything crazy but they get me through sand, streams, mud and rocky paths and have not scared me once.

I know there are better tires out there but worth taking a look at if price is a factor. I live in San Antonio, Texas so I have no need for a winter performance tire. I read that is where these tires could use some improvement.

Never mind the dents and dings on the pic:) Our vehicle get USED!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”