Another one bites the dust

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

xd9-g19

Another one bites the dust

Postby xd9-g19 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Well looks like this one was number 2, I didn't get a pick of the first one but it was a Ford Explorer pick up, and then you got this one. Its funny how they think they can get out of anything with a lil bit more throttle, well it didnt work for this guy, after I was done laughing I figured I go over and asked if he needed help, even then when I was hooked up to him all he did was floor it.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sun May 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice...Gotta love it. Where are you located? Looking at your pic, you got sunny weather and bikinis on the beach. Here in Vancouver we got.....RAIN!!!!!!!!!! Again.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

I assume he's not 4WD?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 am

AZ_Path wrote:I assume he's doesnt know what a 4WD is ?
there.. fixed it for ya.

couldave easily driven out on his own with a little right-left action on the steering wheel.
worst case, get outta the car, deflate the tyres till they start to bulge out, and drive out laughing.

nice pic though

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah, he's not 4wd, but there has been cars and other 2wd trucks that took this same route and made it all the way through, even as I was hooking him up a dodge caravan went around us, so im going to say driver error.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon May 03, 2010 8:43 am

good thing a nissan was there to rescue the ford.. i thought all the raptors came 4wd, guess motor week was wrong.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:51 am

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:good thing a nissan was there to rescue the ford.. i thought all the raptors came 4wd, guess motor week was wrong.
Here in corus christi, tx its hard to find 4WD, thats why I went all the way to Washington to get my Pathy.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon May 03, 2010 2:20 pm

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:good thing a nissan was there to rescue the ford..
Unfortunately for me it was the other way around last summer. Actually, I am very happy that the lady in her Ford 4X4 rescued me, it would have cost alot to get a wrecker to save me.

I was on a vacation trip with my Mother in N Carolina. We had gone to the Outer Banks off the Carolina coast. Everywhere are signs showing "off-road" access to beach areas. They all seem to say 4WD recommend, or required. Even though my Pathy is 2WD, "curiosity eventually killed the cat"... I drove about 3 miles down one of the roads, thinking it wasnt so bad. It was for the most part just a gravel road, flat and straight. When I got to the end of the gravel, it opened into a big turn-around area with a warning sign posted. The sign had rules about curfew, fishing, swimming, and that 4WD is highly recommended... lower your tire pressures to 20 psi, etc.

The road continued straight, between two big sand dunes that went maybe 500 yards and ended out on open beach. I lowered my tire pressures and went in, thinking, "I will know when to stop, I aint gonna get stuck." "Besides, it aint that far now!" Boy was I wrong!! By the time I realized I was spinning wheels, my Pfinder had already sunk to the rear axle in some very deep, soft sand. This is about 9am, on a Sunday morning, on a mostly tourist island. I am stuck axle deep in the sand, my cell phone is on "roaming", and my Mother is waiting for me to get back to the hotel so we can check out of our room.
I was pretty worried about how long I was going to be stranded out there. About 25 mins later, a lady and her mother pull up in their 4X4 Ford pick up. They helped me out, along with some others that happened to drive by. The lady asked if I had 4WD, I told her "no". I think she could tell I was kinda embarassed. She said not to feel bad about it, she rescues plenty of people, 2WD and 4WD.

Looking back, I wish I would have taken pics of my Pfinder stuck in the sand.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Last month my wife and I went down to a friend's beach house on St. Augustine Beach in FL - we drove down in my wife's Nissan Rogue AWD. The part of the beach we were staying on was flat and pretty firm, I saw cars (2wd) driving on it all the time. One afternoon we went several miles to a beach front restaurant/bar that also had a ramp to access the beach at it - after dinner I decided to go for a beach drive.

Turn out this was the "caution 4x4 only" posted part of the beach. The little Rogue did it, but it sure didn't like it! I started with the "VDC OFF" and the "AWD LOCK ON" - if you drive to far/too fast the AWD LOCK turns off...and won't come back on until you restart the car...which I didn't know... I sure did think I broke it but you can bet I didn't tell my wife!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”