Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Cortex UPDATE

Postby disallow » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Good day,

Had a problem with my Superchips Cortex tuner last summer, detailed here:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2025

Since I got that problem resolved, I've been very hesitant to use it again. I took the plunge today. I had hypothesized that my problem was due to a run down battery, which was probably true, as it had been giving me problems this summer. I recently replaced with a Red Top, so I figured it was time to try the tuner again.

Programmed the truck to 91 Oct Performance, no problems.

Later I took the tuner inside and plugged it in to my computer to see if there were any updates. There were, so like many other times, I let the system update the tuner. However, this time the USB port 'timed out' (so it said on the tuner screen). When I rebooted, it attempted to continue to update, but eventually gave me an error and told me to contact superchips.

I will do so tomorrow and report back here. Fortunately this time I'm not stuck 80 miles from home, and the truck is actually running!

Regards,
t
Last edited by disallow on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 am

UPDATE - I plugged it in to my computer again this morning, and it resolved whatever issue I was having. I called Superchips and they verified that there was an issue last night in my connection, and that the download this morning was successful.

Some new features now available include:

91 Octane Performance mode
Light tow relaces Tow Performance (not sure what that means)
Timing Advance
Idle Speed adjustment

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”