Lifting a Pathy question

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

radudel

Lifting a Pathy question

Postby radudel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 am

Hi there!
I have a 2005 R51 Pathfinder with 88.000Km. It's a 2,5 turbo-diesel engine and with a chip tunning has 205HP and 480Nm torque. I am very satisfied about this car.
I would like to step to another level and try to explore surroundings a little bit further. I would like to have at least a 3" lift. What suspension or combination do you suggest in order to increase the lift but at same time to maintain it's handling on road. Do I have to change also the suspension upper arms too?

What exactly do you recommend? And also if you have an online supplier I would appreciate his address.

I am also thinking of a front/rear bull-bar with winch support, roof-rack, some other improvements too but for this I already have some ideas. I only ask if you have something interesting for the rear one. I saw that KMA and also the Kaymar. Anything else?

Many thanks guys and all the best from the other side of the world!

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Radudel

There are a couple of lifts I also have the 2.5 Diesel not chipped though...check out the PRG lift, the Radflo with Eibach springs (ones I'm buying) and also Calmini. Do a search and you should find a couple threads with those keywords. Apparently only above 2" are the upper arms needed.

How does your clutch handle the increased power? In my country the clutches give us LOADS of problems to the point Nissan has changed the mapping for a more gradual torque graph. But atleast is always changed under warranty.

What sort of fuel consumption you get open road? There's also a guy on youtube with his Pathfinder from Romania loved his clips. His name on YOUTUBE is "Prowikk". He takes his Pathy to Sahara etc. Perhaps ask him to join here an let us know what he did with his Pathy...

radudel

Postby radudel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:26 am

Hi dieselfan:

I have automatic transmission so everything is done by the computer. I chose it because I knew that R51 has problems with manual clutch.

Thanks for the tip. I will look for them.

About prowiki I don't know. Keep in touch!

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 pm

as for bumpers there a few out there, kma, shrockworks and a new one from asfir4x4, they are based in europe but will have a dealer state side.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”