06 pathy without bose or nav factory system - VSS wire

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

wissper

06 pathy without bose or nav factory system - VSS wire

Postby wissper » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey folks,

I just installed a pioneer AVIC-x920BT in my 06 pathy and I'm trying to figure out two things:

1. where I can find the wiring harness that has the Vehicle Speed Signal wire - I do not have the factory bose / nav system installed so it's not easily identifiable in the stereo harness. - I'm concerned about digging around at the steering column to find it so I'd like a little guidance if I can find some. The main thing I guess I'll need to figure out is how to identify the correct harness - I could be looking right at it and not know it =) Also I need to find the reverse signal wire wherever that might be.

2. Kind of related, but I'm putting in a SWI-PS controller so I can use my steering wheel controls with the stereo as well.. I need to figure out where the harness is that I have to get to for that if anyone knows how I can get to it.. where it is, etc.

I guess that's actually three things.. but if anyone has any good info for me especially pictures would be great - so far I've been looking at a bunch of diagrams and harness numbers that aren't helping me really.

Thanks!

on a side note - the factory stereo system I have in my pathy had two harness bundles at the top of the unit that apparently don't have any necessary connections for the new pioneer.. I'm wondering if maybe the wires I need are in one of those two smaller bundles but I don't know where to look to get the diagrams for those.

wissper

Update

Postby wissper » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Ok.. from what I can find online it looks like the harness I need to get to is the M24 instrument cluster under the dash. Does anyone know how much of the dash I need to take off to get to this cluster? The only location diagram I can see shows the harness way up in the dash but it's not very specific. Once I get to that harness it looks like pin 6 (maybe lt. blue wire) will be the VSS wire, and then the reverse light wire is in the kick panel over the carpet next to the driver seat and also a lt. blue wire.

Can anyone confirm this for me before I spend an hour taking the dash apart? =)

Thanks.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”