Buying a Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:25 am

I gave a sarcastic response because of the sarcastic post, sorry. But to help you out a little my 4x4 SE, with stock tires, exhaust, cold air intake, AirAide TB spacer, I would get 21 mpg highway 17 city and 19-20 combined. Then I added the lift and wheels & tires now I get 19 mpg highway 14 city and 16-17 combined. One time I hyper miled it to the beach (200 miles) and got 25 mpg, that was with the stock tires though.

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:19 am

Thanks Storm

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 am

kdogdillon wrote:....I think im going to go with an SE with 35,000 instead, or maybe a murano for the gas mileage. What do you guys get in a 4x4 on the highway?....
I'm getting 19+ mpg from my '09 SE 4x4. My commute of 30 miles each way is almost all highway.

My wife drives '09 Murano SL... While the ride is very smooth and pleasant (better than pathfinder and still lots of power), it's not getting THAT much better gas mileage (about 22 mpg). If you have good amount of city driving (stop & go), Murano will give you better mpg than pathfinder.

If you need manly vehicle, pathfinder definitely looks more like it than Murano. Pathfinder seem to have a lot more room inside than Murano...they're pretty close in size/length. Murano still handles great in light snow on the ground... My wife hasn't complain about tires slipping in the snowy condition. (but then...we also put goodyear Fortera TripleTred tires on Murano before the snow season)

kdogdillon

Postby kdogdillon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 am

Thanks Fat Frog, I guess your the right person to talk to than if i am torn between the two cars. The car is for my wife. Are the insurance rates about equal on both of them?

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:51 am

I haven't seen my insurance doc lately, but I do recall they're pretty close to each other. I think the difference for 6 months is $100 or so.

Stew

Postby Stew » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:31 pm

dieselfan wrote:
KEVSTER wrote:
kdogdillon wrote:Google works? What the hell are these forums for than? You guys suck B@llz. The G35 forum is actually helpful. Peace to you wankers.
:arrow: Kids, geesh! If ya don't like it,than get outa here. :lol:
He's just too excited and hasn't had much sleep...he's buying a Pathfinder I have to fight with the wife just to drive mine er hers...
Know how you feel fighting over the keys, especially when it snows! haaa :/

Stew

Postby Stew » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:36 pm

fat_frog wrote:
kdogdillon wrote:....I think im going to go with an SE with 35,000 instead, or maybe a murano for the gas mileage. What do you guys get in a 4x4 on the highway?....
I'm getting 19+ mpg from my '09 SE 4x4. My commute of 30 miles each way is almost all highway.

My wife drives '09 Murano SL... While the ride is very smooth and pleasant (better than pathfinder and still lots of power), it's not getting THAT much better gas mileage (about 22 mpg). If you have good amount of city driving (stop & go), Murano will give you better mpg than pathfinder.

If you need manly vehicle, pathfinder definitely looks more like it than Murano. Pathfinder seem to have a lot more room inside than Murano...they're pretty close in size/length. Murano still handles great in light snow on the ground... My wife hasn't complain about tires slipping in the snowy condition. (but then...we also put goodyear Fortera TripleTred tires on Murano before the snow season)

I have a 08 path se 4x4 and it has not seen over 16mpg since i got it. Running 93 octane and a light foot with a strong wind down hill. I seriously don't know where ya'll getn your mpg's from.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Stew wrote:I have a 08 path se 4x4 and it has not seen over 16mpg since i got it. Running 93 octane and a light foot with a strong wind down hill. I seriously don't know where ya'll getn your mpg's from.
completely stock I averaged 17 mpg. The numbers I get now are probably due to the addition of an cat-back exhaust, throttlebody spacer, cold air intake, and I constantly run Royal Purple engine oil with a K&N oil filter. If anything try running a Royal Purple oil change, it's expensive, I often run 8K miles between changes unless I tow alot. I could go longer beween intervals, because the oil usually hadn't broken down yet, but I don't.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Stew wrote: I have a 08 path se 4x4 and it has not seen over 16mpg since i got it. Running 93 octane and a light foot with a strong wind down hill. I seriously don't know where ya'll getn your mpg's from.
It all comes down to how/where you drive. How does the PF compare to previous vehicles driven similarly? I tend to get close to highway epa on my commute no matter what I drive and the PF is no exception. Out on the highway most vehicles can/do exceed their epa hwy number on pure long-distance highway if you keep it at sub-75mph speeds.

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 am

I have an 08 LE V8 4x4 and I get about 16.5 mpg stock.

i live in the country to don't drive in the city too much though.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”