Just pulled the trigger on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs (PICS

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

madrock

Just pulled the trigger on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs (PICS

Postby madrock » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 am

I was really set on buying the Guard Dog retread tires (highly regarded on the Jeep forums) but I kept going back to the DuraTracs. My buddy on TitanTalk speaks highly of the Goodyears, and the snowflake symbol sealed the deal for me especially with my winter driving in Utah.

They should be delivered by Monday, so I hope to have some pics up by the middle of next week.
Last edited by madrock on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 am

Sweet! cant wait for pics. :wink:

madrock

Postby madrock » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 pm

I ended up getting the DuraTracs delivered sooner than I had expected. I got them mounted up last night, but it's been raining here so I haven't had a chance to wash it yet.

Next mods: redo the grille mod but keep the outer shell chrome and Shrockworks skid plates...

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Nice... and looks like a great tire, especially for winter.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Very meaty. They look ready from the Bradshaws.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Looking good. You'll have to get into the next Path of the Month contest!

I'm really wanting to go to a 265/75/16 now. Got about 10k left on my current tires :(

madrock

Postby madrock » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:46 pm

pawjr74 wrote:Looking good. You'll have to get into the next Path of the Month contest!

I'm really wanting to go to a 265/75/16 now. Got about 10k left on my current tires :(
I was skeptical that 265/75/16 could make that much difference in filling up the fenders, but I was wrong. It does a nice job, and it helps with the speedo issue too.

As I stood behind the Pathy watching them install the tires, I noticed my back tires look like this:

\ /

It's not that bad of a slant, but it is noticeable. Is this why you were looking for cam bolts after you installed your lift? I wonder if there is a way to adjust the bolts?

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 am

look great, I'm thinking I'm going to put those in 33's on my 93

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 am

madrock wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:Looking good. You'll have to get into the next Path of the Month contest!

I was skeptical that 265/75/16 could make that much difference in filling up the fenders, but I was wrong. It does a nice job, and it helps with the speedo issue too.

As I stood behind the Pathy watching them install the tires, I noticed my back tires look like this:

\ /

It's not that bad of a slant, but it is noticeable. Is this why you were looking for cam bolts after you installed your lift? I wonder if there is a way to adjust the bolts?
Yes, The front end went into spec ok, the rear is still a hair out of spec. I don't seem to be having any adverse wear issues though. Did you get yours aligned yet?

madrock

Postby madrock » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 pm

pawjr74 wrote:
madrock wrote:

\ /

Yes, The front end went into spec ok, the rear is still a hair out of spec. I don't seem to be having any adverse wear issues though. Did you get yours aligned yet?
Yes, I got the alignment at Firestone. I'm not too happy with them right now. I purchased the lifetime alignment for my Titan, and I've brought it in at least 4 times now since I got my Nitto Trail Grapplers. The 4th time they tell me my tires are too wide to fit onto the rack. So WTH have they been doing the previous 3 times?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 pm

madrock wrote:I ended up getting the DuraTracs delivered sooner than I had expected.
Keep us posted over the next few thousand miles & let us know how they are aging. These things look a fair bit meatier than the Revos I have & which will also need to be replaced probably next spring. Looking at the various review sites, I notice quite a few people are complaining about sponginess of the tires & a super soft compound that wears quickly. Then again, there are equal numbers of people saying nothing but good things. I'll certainly give them a go when my Revos no longer do anything for me.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

For more info see this thread...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2066

madrock

Postby madrock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:21 am

NVSteve wrote:
madrock wrote:I ended up getting the DuraTracs delivered sooner than I had expected.
Keep us posted over the next few thousand miles & let us know how they are aging. These things look a fair bit meatier than the Revos I have & which will also need to be replaced probably next spring. Looking at the various review sites, I notice quite a few people are complaining about sponginess of the tires & a super soft compound that wears quickly. Then again, there are equal numbers of people saying nothing but good things. I'll certainly give them a go when my Revos no longer do anything for me.
Sure will. We had a huge storm hit us on Tuesday evening. It went through flooded streets like nothing was there. I purposely tried to fish tail it around corners but the tires wouldn't comply. They were glued to the ground.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”