How satisfied are you with Nissan dealers' service depts?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

How satisfied are you with Nissan dealers' service departments?

1 - Will not return again
18%
2 - Not very happy, but will return
14%
3 - Not good, but not bad either
25%
4 - Pretty satisfied, only minor issues
21%
5 - Completely Satisfied
14%
I only have one dealer near me and I have no choice
7%

Total votes: 28

AZ_Path

How satisfied are you with Nissan dealers' service depts?

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 pm

On a 1 - 5 scale, how would you rate you experience at Nissan dealers' service departments? Feel free to share experiences as well, good or bad.

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Services are fine apart from being pricey, but don't have them "fix" anything cause then other stuff goes wrong. Eg

They changed my clutch at 15000km, SINCE have had the most ANNOYING rattle at my clutch pedal under load - very tinny and loud, put your foot on the clutch and noise goes away after 5 trips and 30k km two dealerships and still there...

When the fix up the paint work in one place it comes back with scratches and touch up paint...do I trust them with a service, yes. After the warranty I will service tho.

An simple oil change - oil and fuel filter plus basic oil costs $260.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:39 pm

i will be exceptionally pissed if i ever have to go back to United Nissan (las vegas) again.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:14 pm

from what I see in the status review, it looks like Dealers really need to improve. Most just want your money. some of the mechanics are bone heads..

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm

............worst service experience ever
Brought my Pathfinder in for fluid changes @ 30,000 miles for coolant, fr & rr diffs, transfer case, and trans oil changes (all customer pay), in addition to some campaign work and new rear glass struts (warranty repairs).
Explained to the service writer that i wanted to be sure that all filler & drain plug gaskets be replaced, and all fasteners be torqued per the service manual, and that all genuine Nissan fluids be used.
I offered to pay additional labor to ensure such.
I was assured that that would not be necessary, and that all work would be done "by the book".
I made an appointment to have the work done so that the dealership would have the opportunity to be sure to have all necessary parts on hand (including campaign parts) so that the "in shop" time could be limited as much as possible.
I called in advance to verify that all parts had arrived, and was advised that they were.
Brought truck to dealership @ appointed time.
no drain plug or filler plug gaskets were replaced (their parts dept did not stock them!)
coolant residue was left splattered all over
non-specified viscosity gear oil was used
an "invoicing error" indicated that Matic D went into the transmission & Matic J into the transfer case
rear glass struts were on back-order
And to top it all off, my truck left their "service department" with a brand new chip in my drivers door!. :roll:
Very Confidence Inspiring...............

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 pm

dieselfan wrote:Services are fine apart from being pricey, but don't have them "fix" anything cause then other stuff goes wrong. Eg

They changed my clutch at 15000km, SINCE have had the most ANNOYING rattle at my clutch pedal under load - very tinny and loud, put your foot on the clutch and noise goes away after 5 trips and 30k km two dealerships and still there...

When the fix up the paint work in one place it comes back with scratches and touch up paint...do I trust them with a service, yes. After the warranty I will service tho.

An simple oil change - oil and fuel filter plus basic oil costs $260.
:? so what is it that you find to be "fine" about them? :?

Npath

Re: How satisfied are you with Nissan dealers' service depts

Postby Npath » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Cowel turned white. The manager stated I applied something to it, which I didn't and wouldn't talk about it anymore.

Plastic step pad was lifting after the initial fix. He replaced both sides without consulting me. Reason I am pissed... I had cut out diamond shaped anti slip tape to fit each diamond.

Cracks in the rain channels. Thought it was covered under warranty and they fixed it. Started cracking again in less than a year, brought it back. A MOFO gave me the runaround but fixed it under goodwill.

First oil change. Someone scratched up the plastic near shifter. Looking at the scratches, looked like it was done on purpose as they went in different directions.

Had the timing chain/tension replaced. Took them 4 days to fix. Later found out they may have screwed up my engine, but they wouldn't say. Been told usually doesn't take THAT long to fix.

Usually get a little attitude from the same guy in the service department. I don't like his facial gestures and the rolling of his eyes. Now I go on days he's not there.

Only reason I go back is the oil change package I bought from the dealership. It's free till I sell the Pathfinder.

I'm sure I have more, but have had enough of negative thoughts!

marvmmarv

Postby marvmmarv » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 pm

When I buy a vehicle, I usually use the dealer's service department until they demonstrate that they don't deserve my business.

After the first oil change at Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale, the Pathfinder dripped so much oil on my new garage floor and driveway that I thought it had a leak. Turns out it was just a sloppy job by the tech. Never going back!

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I have been very dissatisfied with my experience with my dealer. I bought my pathfinder with 40k miles. Soon the engine began making a whining noise. I found a service bulletin online that seemed to address the problem i was having. It involves replacing the secondary timing chains and chain tensioner/guide. I bring it in to the dealer and they confirmed the problem. It was still under warranty so they would make the repairs free of charge. Before they started, I asked the service manager if the engine oil would have to drained and he said no. (I just put on a K&N filer and full synthetic) When i picked up my pathfinder two days later I noticed on my receipt that the oil had indeed been changed and conventional oil was used. I know this is a small issue, but I asked beforehand and was told wrong. The oil was replaced with an inferior oil. I told the service manager my complaint and went on my way....until a few days pass and the engine begins making a noise again. I take it back to the dealer to find out that the crankshaft pulley was reinstalled incorrectly and became out of balance.

Bottom line: I have always done all my repairs myself to avoid issues like these. I only used the dealer in this case because it was under warranty. I will not be using the service dept at Jack Ingram Nissan again (Montgomery, AL)

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:10 pm

I've gotten ripped by one and will NEVER go back, and the other one is not too bad but service prices are too expensive. So I only use them for things I can't do at home, balance wheels, state inspection, & that's about it now that I'm out of warranty.

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm pretty disappointed.

In a nutshell:

They tried to replace my perfectly fine accessory belt, or "belts" as the assistant service manager called it: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=6116

They tried to sell me completely unnecessary brakes at 30k (about 30k before they needed to be changed). The assistant service manager told me they were "wearing unevenly," but couldn't answer whether they were wearing unevenly from left to right, or front to back. She also didn't have measurements.

They charged me for the 50% labor for a fuel sender replacement which I'll probably have to fight to get back on top of taking it back in for another replacement (maybe this isn't totally screwing me, but I doubt getting my $180-whatever back will be easy): http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=11537

$100 difference between major service and major service less cabin air filter. I changed it myself, and I doubt I spent more than 5 minutes the first time. A subsequent change took about 2 minutes.

I'm at about 71k right now. I'll probably go back, but just for another fuel sender.

In contrast, the selling and servicing dealer for our Passat 3.6 4-mo has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Lots of little issues with the car, some ridiculously expensive warranty items, and they have all been handled promptly, professionally, and with no added BS. They have yet to try to sell me anything besides the car itself. And get this - the service people understand cars :)

It is amazing that a few bad experiences can sway me this much, but it is like every time I took the car in they invented an issue with it.

I had a 1990 240SX that I loved, and I love the Pathy, but I doubt I'll consider Nissan for my next purchase.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”