Fabbing up some rocker protection, Update w/ pics

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm

I like the look. Herculiner is quite durable and the shine does fade from the sun. Good work. What kind of sliders are these?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:17 am

SPICOLI wrote:I like the look. Herculiner is quite durable and the shine does fade from the sun. Good work. What kind of sliders are these?
Rocky-Road: http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinderrockrail.html

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:48 pm

NVSteve wrote:
SPICOLI wrote:I like the look. Herculiner is quite durable and the shine does fade from the sun. Good work. What kind of sliders are these?
Rocky-Road: http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinderrockrail.html
SWEET. I like it.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I got them completed and installed a few days ago. I was not able to get any pics of the finished product before being installed because my wife had the camera with her and I was not going to wait for it to install them.

I think they turned out well. They still provide a step and give an extra 1.5" in ground clearance over the stockers. I have not had a chance to jack the vehicle up using the bars as a jack point, but I don't think that will be a problem. They are very SOLID. They attach to the frame at three points and also to body using the studs that the factory running boards attach to. Me and a few of my friends have jumped up and down on them and there is no give.

Here's a few pics of them installed.

madrock

Postby madrock » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Looks great! Nice work!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:22 am

Nice job! Clean & simple. For the times when you have wet weather, you might want to put something along the top of your steps for grip. I had that ladder grip stuff on mine & it worked extremely well. Just a thought.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:32 pm

NVSteve wrote:Nice job! Clean & simple. For the times when you have wet weather, you might want to put something along the top of your steps for grip. I had that ladder grip stuff on mine & it worked extremely well. Just a thought.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I'll have to see how the bedliner works when it is wet. If it's too slick, I will check out the stuff you suggested. Is that something you could find at Lowes or Home Depot?

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Great work they came out awesome can't wait to see some pics of you using them!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:13 pm

richardekirby wrote:
I'll have to see how the bedliner works when it is wet. If it's too slick, I will check out the stuff you suggested. Is that something you could find at Lowes or Home Depot?
If you decided on bedlining it, you won't need anything else. It works just fine when wet. But, if you change your mind, you can pick up a roll of that ladder tape at Lowe's etc.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Any pics of the mounting setup?

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:41 pm

GOTGOO wrote:Any pics of the mounting setup?
I was not able to get any pics of them after they were completed and before I mounted them. Here are some pics I took after they were mounted.

These pics show the three legs that connect the step to the frame. There is a 1"x2" steel tube on top of the legs that is parallel to the step and has brackets that tie into the studs that the stock running boards use.

If you need any more details let me know and a will gladly get you what you need. Judging by your fabrication skills, this is something you can easily do.

defender

Postby defender » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 am

Did you drill the frame? Is this legal? A little blueprint will be great if you can post it. Thx.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm

defender wrote:Did you drill the frame? Is this legal? A little blueprint will be great if you can post it. Thx.
I tried to use some of the holes that were already there. I even made a bushing to convert a 1"x1 1/2" hole into a 1/2" hole. I did have to drill a couple holes, though. As far as I know, it's not illegal to drill into the frame. I'll see if I can do a rough drawing and post it up.

defender

Postby defender » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:36 am

It will be very nice. Thank you.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”