Goodbye Pathy Hello Xterra

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

bkmtnff

Postby bkmtnff » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 am

I like the styling of the X, but with 2 kids in seats, the back seat wouldn't cut it. Is the ride worse compared to the Pathfinder? Seems like it should be a little more whippy with the shorter wheelbase.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 am

The ride is a little softer, since I have taller tires, plus the suspension isn't as stiff. The nose dips a little when braking. As far as being whippy, I haven't had to make any sudden maneuvers to test. The daily drive seems fine and it's easier to pull into parking spots and turn. Most of my driving is highway, but you do feel the wind a bit more. My work doesn't shut down, unless there is a state of emergency, so I needed the 4wd. The Pathfinder helped me out a few times last winter. Glad it had 4low.

I have 2 little guys and can fit them in the back. My 22 month old points at it when we are outside and wants to go for a ride. I guess he really likes being able to see better. Granted there isn't as much room in the back for them, the big seats still fit. We have Britax seats and they are fairly large compared to some. The wifes only complaint so far, is no step. To me that sounds like I need to get sliders that stick out enough to step on. :wink:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”