Helpful Advice in Reference to Trans Cooler Bypass

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Well after a week of nothing, the warranty people sent an adjuster to the shop to drive my truck and take pictures (not sure of what). And today they decided to pay for a new transmission! I have to admit I am quite surprised! The warranty company is called Master Tech and after doing research, I was expecting quite a hassle. There are a few websites where people were screwed out of warranty claims. So needless to say I am relieved and glad I purchased the warranty thru the used car dealer. It costed me about $900, so cant complain now that they are paying for a new transmission.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Budrbean wrote:Well after a week of nothing, the warranty people sent an adjuster to the shop to drive my truck and take pictures (not sure of what). And today they decided to pay for a new transmission! I have to admit I am quite surprised! The warranty company is called Master Tech and after doing research, I was expecting quite a hassle. There are a few websites where people were screwed out of warranty claims. So needless to say I am relieved and glad I purchased the warranty thru the used car dealer. It costed me about $900, so cant complain now that they are paying for a new transmission.
Excellent! :D

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 am

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got my baby back yesterday. Kind of shifts really weird, guess its gotta go through the learning process. Its ok though, we can make it through this together. I bought her a new air freshener to welcome her home lol

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:23 am

:D glad she's home!
what do you mean by "shifting weird"? :?
did they put in a new trans, a rebuilt, or did they repair yours?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 am

I would put the Transmission shop on notice right away that it's not shifting normal. If it has re-learned your driving in a few days you can call them back and let them know.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 pm

I really dont know what I mean by that. Probably just different cause I havent driven it in a month or so. At first it seemed all the gears were really close together. It seems to be getting better though. Its not slipping or anything. Its a remanufactured one.....regardless its warranted

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 am

Ok it seems like my new trans has an added gear or something. It shifts at like 20 mph and then again before hitting 25 mph. Is this something that needs to be adjusted with a scan tool or something?

Spent a couple hours today replacing hoses and relocating my t-fitting to up next to the cooler.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:06 am

Budrbean wrote:Ok it seems like my new trans has an added gear or something. It shifts at like 20 mph and then again before hitting 25 mph. Is this something that needs to be adjusted with a scan tool or something?

Spent a couple hours today replacing hoses and relocating my t-fitting to up next to the cooler.
Check the service manual we have here on the forum. The procedure requires the special Consult II diagnostic tool and some oil pressure gauges, so likely a dealer only job. But its really well defined and flowcharted out, and would definitely highlight any deficiency in the trans.

Was your trans just used, or rebuilt used? If rebuilt, maybe give it a couple weeks to settle down, unless you think the shifts are too harsh and might be causing damage. I would also do a drain and fill with Matic-S after a few miles (1000-2000) to see what the fluid looks like. Maybe even oil analysis 1000-2000 after that.

Good luck!
t

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:49 am

Budrbean wrote:Ok it seems like my new trans has an added gear or something. It shifts at like 20 mph and then again before hitting 25 mph. Is this something that needs to be adjusted with a scan tool or something?
is the repair shop aware of your concerns?

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:33 am

disallow wrote:

Check the service manual we have here on the forum. The procedure requires the special Consult II diagnostic tool and some oil pressure gauges, so likely a dealer only job. But its really well defined and flowcharted out, and would definitely highlight any deficiency in the trans.

Was your trans just used, or rebuilt used? If rebuilt, maybe give it a couple weeks to settle down, unless you think the shifts are too harsh and might be causing damage. I would also do a drain and fill with Matic-S after a few miles (1000-2000) to see what the fluid looks like. Maybe even oil analysis 1000-2000 after that.

Good luck!
t
It was remanufactured. Im assuming that means that the case and valve body are used and the rest are new parts.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 am

eieio wrote:
is the repair shop aware of your concerns?
Not yet, Im gonna give it a while and see if things change. Either way, its still under warranty. Its not overheating or anything, so most likely not slipping anywhere. It just seems a little hard of a shift around 25 mph til it gets warmed up.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”