Expected cost on 60K mile maintenance...?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

65Fastback

Expected cost on 60K mile maintenance...?

Postby 65Fastback » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Going to call the stealership tomorrow to get a break down on the 60K maintenance cost. Knowing I could probably do half of it myself, I may just pull the trigger and do the whole thing there just to save me time since I'd have to go there anyways for a proper coolant flush.

So Nalley Nissan has a 15% off coupon until Sept 30 but wanted to know what prices you all experienced out there so I know I'm getting a good deal or fair price.

If the price ends up being rediculous, I may end up tackling a bit of it myself and let them do the rest.

Thanks in advance for sharing your costs. I believe last time I was there for my fuel sending unit swap, they let me know the 60K was going to be around $600...

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:38 pm

This might be a wide open question...many dealers have diffferent 60k service schedules and most DON'T follow the manual. Unless you crack your maintenance schedule in the book and ask for a quote on only those services...it's hard to tell what you'll get.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Here are the prices for a local dealership here in Houston, TX: http://www.mossynissanhouston.com/Pricing.aspx

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 pm

hollywoodstylin wrote:Here are the prices for a local dealership here in Houston, TX: http://www.mossynissanhouston.com/Pricing.aspx
Keep in mind that's the "premium" maintenance per the owners manual. I pretty much laughed when I cracked my owners manual and read how Nissan worded their maintenance. Basicaly a guilt trip that if you give a crap about your car you'll follow this premium schedule. If you plan to keep your truck for 300k miles perhaps that schedule would gain you something. Otherwise it looks like a big money generator for the dealer.

Drive belts and radiator caps every 30k miles?? :roll:

The other thing missing from this list is the transmission fluid change that the book does recommend on the premium schedule. I'm guessing they'll try to upsell you on that. I wouldnt give them more than $200 for that 15k service. There's really not much there but a bunch of inspections. $50 worth of parts, $50 max for alignment, leaves a bundle of money for labor.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”