Pathfinder RECIRC Tip

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dieselfan

Pathfinder RECIRC Tip

Postby dieselfan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Many people don't know how to close off the outside air without the AC switching on.

Why would you want this?

- Grass fire smell, smoking trucks or pollution
- Just want to switch off fan and NOT have cold outside air coming through vents @ 70mph.

Anyways the default behaviour is the moment you engage RECIRC the fan and AC come on even at 1 speed. Then you instinctively switch off the fan and it OPENS the vents automatically again.

Here's the FIX

- Press RECIRC
- Press AC so it the indicator goes off
- Switch off fan

Then it's closed with no fan blowing

Ofcourse the reason they default to opening is to avoid that horrible stale smell SO many cars get because the drivers LEAVE the vents closed. Use this for short term

Another tip is to reduce the veld fire smell etc
Turn fan onto 4+ for atleast 3 secs then do steps above, it pressurises the cabin a bit and stops "air seeping"

twinblown

Postby twinblown » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Every time after I use my AC I always press the RECIR. button. It prevents incoming air into the cabin the next time you start the truck, it also makes the cabin filter last longer. :D

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:35 am

ive had a problem from day one with the vents not closing properly and smell coming in from outside.

on my way home everyday, i pass by a treatment plant, and curse the hell out of nissan for that.

every service i tell em, and everytime they say they fixed it.

anyone can shed some light on how to DIY ?

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:05 pm

twinblown wrote:Every time after I use my AC I always press the RECIR. button. It prevents incoming air into the cabin the next time you start the truck, it also makes the cabin filter last longer. :D
You could get a nasty smell from the rotting mould eventually. This is why the Pathy is designed this way.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”