Recalls and Service Bulletins?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mrfatboy

Recalls and Service Bulletins?

Postby mrfatboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 pm

I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. I see that there have been several recalls and service bulletins issued. I have never been notified about any of these from either Nissan and/or the dealer. All my contact info is up to date.

Can I take my car in and tell them to fix everything on the recall/service bulletin list? Do I have to be notified first? Does the individual part related to the recall have to break before I take it in?

Please explain to me how this works.

thanks

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:53 pm

i would take your path in and a list of recalls and ask them to check to see if your vehicle is listed as an effected one. They can look it up by VIN.

mrfatboy

Postby mrfatboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Can I just call a dealer and give them the VIN over the phone? Is there a difference between "major recalls" and so called "silent recalls"?

Npath

Postby Npath » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:05 am

mrfatboy wrote:Can I just call a dealer and give them the VIN over the phone? Is there a difference between "major recalls" and so called "silent recalls"?
You can either call a dealer and speak to someone at the service desk or call the 1-800 number.

I called the 1 800 for my sender unit and they said no recall based on my production date. That is a BS excuse as I work for a company that mass produces consumer goods. No way they know which parts are good and bad during installation.

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 pm

- If you're info is up to date, you should be getting notices. - i'd check
- Not all recalls or voluntary campaigns apply to all geographic regions
- there are no "silent recalls", there are some service bulletins for common complaint items. ie. if your customer complains of this, check this for evidence of this, if not this, bulletin does not apply.
- call in and give them your VIN, and ask to check for outstanding recalls, they are obligated to do them

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”