Wish list

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

guinnessjim

Wish list

Postby guinnessjim » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:36 am

so, commenting on another thread, i joked about getting a diesel engine in our paths (only kinda joked...i know they are available outside NA :evil:)

got me thinking....what else would be on my path if i had the option? short list (no particular order), but i know others have to have ideas too:

1) diesel power train
2) solid interior tie downs (floor, walls, roof)
3) different wheel bolt pattern (kinda trivial, but would be nice to have more options here)
4) would love to have the tailgate and roll down rear window of my '92 4runner, but would settle for the 'hybrid' found on land cruisers....i just miss a f'n tailgate!
5) solid rear axle
6) the few times i have used my third row has been great (go 2x2x2 with the middle section of the 2nd row down...not too bad for normal size people), but i would get a ton more use out of some nice storage compartments back there
7) rear bumper (there are a number of front options out there)

just to be clear, i dig my ride....and i tried not to mention available aftermarket stuff i would like (bumpers, skid plates, lockers, sliders, rack: props to GOTGOO, IcedTeasley, rragpaoa, others for great ideas/mods).

just a wish list....what would you guys like?

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:00 pm

The solid rear axle must be an off-road thing. I love the IRS on the Pathy! I agree with the 3rd row seat storage idea. I never use my 3rd row. The only time I fold it up is to vacuum and the 3rd row still has that new-car smell! :)

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm

yes well to each his own.

while IRS is very bad for rockcrawling, its much better for sanddriving, one of the reasons i choose the pathfinder to begin with. (and also this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-xPQiJ96E :P )

wishlist:
  • Difflock !
    5.6L engine (not available here)
    different boltpattern
    completely remove 3rd-row and push the 2nd row more legroom

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:53 pm

mar1 wrote:yes well to each his own.

while IRS is very bad for rockcrawling, its much better for sanddriving, one of the reasons i choose the pathfinder to begin with. (and also this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-xPQiJ96E :P )

wishlist:
  • Difflock !
    5.6L engine (not available here)
    different boltpattern
    completely remove 3rd-row and push the 2nd row more legroom
I think you just described an Xterra, minus the 5.6 and bolt pattern. LOL

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Lol..i think we all got the same wish list,,mine would be

1.more 2nd row leg room but still keep the 3rd row, useful when you got alot family/ friends over, and make the body a bit wider so better shoulder room..

2.apart from that a slight increase in ride height would be nice as well, along with better articulation..

3.Would def be engine powerrrr.Ours is fast and would like to keep it that way.

4.Locking rear diff and beefed up front ones.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:59 am

1. Wider wheel wells for more lift & wheel options.

2. I'm with Jim: solid rear. While I really like the independent suspension as a whole on the PF, it is just not made to articulate. The X and FJ do great with the half and half suspension.

3. Nissan needs to offer up an accessory "tray" that one could install in place of the 3rd row of seats. A container of sorts with a top that sits flush with the rest of the floor. I've only used the 3rd row a couple of times, and only because the 2nd row didn't provide enough leg room (kept the 2nd row flat, which ends up being a footrest for the 3rd row).

4. Optional locking differential. If you need to ask why, then you don't need one.

5. A rubberized/protected rear cargo area. That plastic just bites. I can make marks in it just by looking at it.

6. Stronger roofrack. Mine works great, but it would be nice to do away with the plastic pieces & have the metal be a bit more robust.

7. Bigger brakes & calipers. If you don't know why, I invite you to drive down a very steep grade for 15 miles. You can put it in whatever low gear you want, but gravity will still win & require one to brake. I've had a few moments when I didn't know if I could stop in time.

8. For the love of [insert name here], PLEASE offer a manual transmission!

9. Diesel. They have the means. They have the engine, and even if it has to be refined for the States, at least they have a base from which to work. I think they could seriously kick ass and take names if they introduced a diesel option on the pathfinder.

10. Do not turn the next gen (R52?) into a car. If you've seen photos of the new Explorer, you'll know why this is just plain wrong.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Im wih NVSteve,,dont ever turn it into a damn car!! I love the sturdy feeling of this thing..Body on frame FTW

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”