lift opitions and questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

standog

lift opitions and questions

Postby standog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 am

I am debating on what lift to do .My goal is to build the truck following richardekirby's excellent build.. I want to be able to go out with the kids and explore diffrent palces for camping and kayaking. Not looking for hard core more of an adventure vech than a dedicated crawler. I will have about 1500 to use but am getting ARB bumper to so lets say 500 for the lift

So the truck has 50K on it. My options are:

PRG quick lift usint OEM struts and coils?

Full Bilstien adj kit with new springs?

OME: Heard there is a problem with the alignment?

thank for your help. Know the post is long

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 am

Here are some options for you.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... 1_649.html

There is a "Deluxe Bilstein kit for $440.00.

(& I'm probably going to ditch the rear OME springs on my truck, and go to a stock spring with a spacer, as I'm not happy with the rear being 1" higher than the front and also the alignment being a hair out of spec in the rear)

standog

Postby standog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 am

yes AC delux with the bilstiens is what I am leaning towards right now.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm

I love my Rancho setup, the shocks are adjustable on all four corners. I just wish I went with OME springs in the rear instead of the Rancho poly spacers, because the Quick Lift gives it about +2.5" in the front and +2" in the rear. I have AirLift bags in the rear to give it another +.5", I have to keep about 10 psi in them..... unless someone wants to trade some rear spacers for some OME springs.... cough, cough (pawjr) :D

The Rancho Deluxe package is the best IMO, easy install, equal ride height, no alignment issues, and no annoying upper control arm contact on the front springs. I wasnt concerned about rock crawling with mine so I'm fine with having stock travel on my suspension. I just need the extra clearance so I have less chance of dragging the chassis on the trails.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Storm4.0 wrote:I love my Rancho setup, the shocks are adjustable on all four corners. I just wish I went with OME springs in the rear instead of the Rancho poly spacers, because the Quick Lift gives it about +2.5" in the front and +2" in the rear. I have AirLift bags in the rear to give it another +.5", I have to keep about 10 psi in them..... unless someone wants to trade some rear spacers for some OME springs.... cough, cough (pawjr) :D

The Rancho Deluxe package is the best IMO, easy install, equal ride height, no alignment issues, and no annoying upper control arm contact on the front springs. I wasnt concerned about rock crawling with mine so I'm fine with having stock travel on my suspension. I just need the extra clearance so I have less chance of dragging the chassis on the trails.
I would switch with you but I can't have the car down for that long. (taking out the rear springs, shipping them and then waitng for the spacers) I need to be able to pull the springs out and put the old springs with spacers back in right away.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 pm

@ Storm4.0

When you installed the spacers in the rear did that eliminate the rear end from bottoming out? I figure it would give you 2" more of suspension travel before the control arm hits the bump stops once they are installed.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:19 pm

pawjr...The bottoming out is gone, I like the poly spacer from Rancho better than an aluminum one like the PRG. The poly acts as an insulator while still increasing the preload on the stock spring. I'm sure an aluminum spacer would be noisy (squeaky) on rough roads, due to the slight shifting of it in the spring rest. I could go around for a few days with my butt dragging on stock rear springs. But it will take longer than that considering shipping time and time for you to get it installed. Which rate OME springs did you buy?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Storm4.0 wrote:pawjr...The bottoming out is gone, I like the poly spacer from Rancho better than an aluminum one like the PRG. The poly acts as an insulator while still increasing the preload on the stock spring. I'm sure an aluminum spacer would be noisy (squeaky) on rough roads, due to the slight shifting of it in the spring rest. I could go around for a few days with my butt dragging on stock rear springs. But it will take longer than that considering shipping time and time for you to get it installed. Which rate OME springs did you buy?
I bought the medium OME609.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:35 pm

I hate to keep threadjacking but since it's related anyway... rocky-road has OME rear springs for $75... is that ea. or a pair?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Storm4.0 wrote:I hate to keep threadjacking but since it's related anyway... rocky-road has OME rear springs for $75... is that ea. or a pair?
Each...$150 a pair

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks, pawjr :)

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

@ Storm4.0

Did you put the upper spring seat (the rubber pad) back on with the Rancho spacer on the top? I tried a test fit and it doesn't look like the spacer will work with the rubber spring seat up on the top. (They come with some pretty generic directions.)

It looks as though the Rancho spacer replaces the rubber spring seat up on the top.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”