Using off-set bushings to correct alignment issues?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

goblue90

Using off-set bushings to correct alignment issues?

Postby goblue90 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:00 am

I just had the AC Deluxe suspension package installed (was inspired by Matt06's rig) but the installers weren't able to get the rear to align within factory specs, so I have a little bit of positive camber. Has anyone installed off-set bushings in the lower control arms like these from 4x4parts.com to correct alignment issues?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/lower-c ... -5672.html

Any input is appreciated. Pictures to follow this weekend. Thanks!

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 am

I'm not positive but I think those are for the front suspension lower control arms.

I'm in the process of changing my rear lift springs out for some Rancho spacers (putting the factory spring back in) to try and get the rear alignment back in specs.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:55 am

pawjr74 wrote:I'm not positive but I think those are for the front suspension lower control arms.

I'm in the process of changing my rear lift springs out for some Rancho spacers (putting the factory spring back in) to try and get the rear alignment back in specs.
Just confirmed with 4x4parts that they are indeed for the front LCA. Bummer. Let us know how the spacers work out...

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 am

I sure will. I'm expecting the rear to be aprox 3/4 if an inch lower after the spacers are installed. (the rear lift springs gave me 2 1/2 inches of lift)
Last edited by pawjr74 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fossilfuleburner

Postby Fossilfuleburner » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I installed the AC deluxe suspension package a few months ago but didn't get the truck aligned right away. I wanted to wait until I got new tires. Well, I got new tires a few days ago and brought the truck in for alignment at a Nissan dealership today. All of my alignment specs were out but all were brought into spec except for rear toe. Its way out of spec! Factory spec is -0.7mm to 2.6mm. Mine is -13.2mm on one wheel and -6.6mm on the other. I had a feeling something was wrong because I went through a pair of rear tire really fast after installing the lift. Now I'm searching for solutions because I don't want the accelerated tire wear and I feel my huge toe-out spec is causing stability problems when I go over bumps at high-speed when the road is curving. The backend wants to step out.

I reviewed the before and after alignment printout very carefully and learned camber adjustments will affect toe and vice versa. By brining my camber into spec... my toe was thrown even more out of spec.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”