Pathfinder Odometer/Milegage Display - Pinstripes

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

canadasnow

Pathfinder Odometer/Milegage Display - Pinstripes

Postby canadasnow » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi All,

I am a new Pathfinder owner 2009 'S' I live in Northern Ontario Canada. I purchased the vehicle second hand from a used car lot. It was a former rental. It was in great condition and has had no accidents or been re-painted. I love the ride.
I have a few questions that i am hoping anyone who has an in depth knowledge of the of the Pathfinder can answer.
1) Is there a way to set the digital mileage on the odometer display from mph to km through settings?
2) My vehicle has pin stripes on it. They look good and seem to match the vehicle. They actually look like Nissan ones. Has anyone seen a 2006+ come with factory pinstriping. I haven't. If they where put on afterwards i find it hard to beleive a rental company (former owner of vehicle) would go throught the trouble. I am curious to find out if anyone else has had factory pin-striping
3)my wife says the ride feels 'disconjointed' a little hoppy so to speak. We come from previously owning a caravan so we are new to the Pathfinder SUV scene....could the tires have something to do with this. or is this the way the ride is.

Thanks for all your help and support....Proud owner!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Very doubtful there's any factory pinstripes. Outside of a few very select models....I'm not aware of any manufacturers that offer pinstripes from the factory. It's almost always a dealer installed option. It's possible the rental company bought the car off a lot or dealer transfer after the stripes were installed. It's also possible it jumped around from a couple dealers after the fleet auction and someone had them installed.

The suspension is a bit "hoppy" at times. A good alignment and tires help but not entirely. I've also installed Bilsteins on the rear and Airlift airbags which help handling and the airbags can level the suspension. I just installed Michelin LTX M/S2 and they're a HUGE improvement over the OEM cheapos. But there's still some hop over certain bumps.

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 pm

You bought a previous rental? Whew you got more gumption than I got lol. I just know how I drive a rental, so I would never buy one.

Dont know what color you have but mine is black and I peeled the pin stripe off a few months ago. I think it looks much better and cleaner.

jens

Postby jens » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 am

Is there a way to set the digital mileage on the odometer display from mph to km through settings?

Have someone answer to this, would verry like to know.

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:04 am

As far as changing the ride I would try new tires. I switched to Michelins from the stock continentals and it changed the ride and character of the vehicle (way less road noise entering the cabin). As far as changing the digital display this might be something to check with a nissan dealer about (the factory scan/diagnostic tool may be able to do this conversion). I wanted to change my display from MPG to L/100 km but I am used to the current U.S. setup I have now.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”