The Eternal Grudge Match…4Runner vs. Pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:22 pm

One thing I like about the Pathfinder is that it doesn't have the plastic clip on flares and side body cladding like the 4Runners do. If the flares or body cladding get bumped they break loose where the clips attach and usually have to be replaced. They are big $ and also require painting.

I think mechanically the 4Runner is a little better than the Pathfinder.
I have a pretty long list of silly things that have gone wrong on my Pathfinder. Nothing major it's more annoying than anything.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:52 am

came across this post and wanted to throw in my quarter's worth..

back in 2006, my brother in law and myself were looking for new family SUV's....4 people in each familly....he was a big Toyota fan while I prefer Nissan myself. He purchased a 4 runner while I got the Pathfinder. Both got the 3rd row seat...sunroof..leather..

he takes his to the Toyota dealer for service, while I do my own...both are very well maintained.

After six years, 85,000 miles approximately on each vehicle, both are holding up well. to me, both are well built..one may have an advantage in some ways, not in others. the ride quality is the same..I think my Path is louder on acceleration..but my doors seem to shut easier and quieter...neither has had any problems.

think lots has to do with the way you maintain them...regular oil changes..check for leaks/noises...check fluids regular.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 am

I've never paid much attention to Toyota in the past because their vehicles had bland styling and were boring to drive. They're heading in a more unique design direction now and they aren't so bland anymore. There's only one problem. It's ugly. The outside is ugly and the inside is worse. I really like the interior & exterior changes made to the Pathfinder in '08 and that's one reason we bought new. The other big factor is driving performance. If I don't like the way a vehicle looks or drives then I'm not going to enjoy getting in it everyday so that took the 4Runner off my list.

2006 Pathy

Postby 2006 Pathy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 am

I'm partial to Nissan's. I've had my Titan for almost 7 years (just sold it too) had 94K miles on it and ran like a champ. And i beat the heck out of it off road. Aside from a cracked radiator, it never gave me any problems at all. My wife and i also just upgraded our 2006 PF to a 2010 PF. It is so much fun to drive and i too enjoy the interior upgrades. I vote Nissan!

Good luck in deciding!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”