under dash plugs and radio?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jrk042385

under dash plugs and radio?

Postby jrk042385 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:51 pm

I was looking under my dash and by the obdII reader input there were two plugs anyone know what they go to?

I took my radio out and yes it is the one with the 7" color info screen. THere were two input plugs on the lower left side of the back of radio anyone know what these are for. My thought is that they are for the rear entertinement but that just a guess.

I have a 2011 SV without Navi and Sat., but i do have the back up camera

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 pm

If same as my 2006, one of the plugs is for the “electric brake” prewiring that a customer’s trailer electric brake controller would plug into. It is a plug that has two rows, 4 pins on the bottom and 2 pins on the top separated from each other on the top. If you go to the service manuals on this site, it’s on page LT-127 and referred to as Plug M76.

Camper stores sell the mating plug assembly. Simplifies hooking up a brake controller there at the dash. In my situation, all that had to be done to add a 7 pin trailer plug at the rear was to run a single brake wire to the rear. Otherwise it was plug-&-play.

mbenes11

Postby mbenes11 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:18 am

Did you ever find out what the inputs were on the back of the unit? I recently just traded in my 05 for the 11 SV and was wondering if i could add anything to the factory radio setup.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 pm

My 2005 SE has a plug that either the XM radio or the Ipod Interface plugs in to. I used it for my Ipod interface hook up. It charges the ipod and I can controll it through the stereo now.

The plugs I'm talking about are under the dash on the drivers side.

jrk042385

Postby jrk042385 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am

No I haven't figured out what they are for I was thinking they are the connections for the Rear entertainment unit and the headphone controls as well but no way to confirm it.

As for adding to the factory unit I added a dvd player in the armrest as well as a ipod video cord with the Navtool (Nav2go). then I spliced in to the aux input behind the dash and wired a switch to the heated seat controls area to switch from ipod to dvd. Also my dvd player has a front av in and a tv tuner so I have many options. all i have to do is put it in aux and I can still control the volume with the steering wheel. Sound is amazing after the sub install, but youll need it if you dont have it Real lack of Bass.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 am

pawjr74 wrote:My 2005 SE has a plug that either the XM radio or the Ipod Interface plugs in to. I used it for my Ipod interface hook up. It charges the ipod and I can controll it through the stereo now.

The plugs I'm talking about are under the dash on the drivers side.
Hi pawjr74,

Can u explain this any further? Seems very interesting. Im looking for a way to hook up my iPhone as well. Pictures would also be great!

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:57 pm

It's a tough area to get a photo of but here it is...

Along the drivers side kick panel and right above the emergency brake pedal is a white plug that allows access for either the XM hook up or the Ipod interface hook up. I use it for my Ipod interface. I am able to control the Ipod through the stereo.

Up higher along the wiring harness in the same area is a second white plug. I'm not sure what it is for. Possibly for a towing brake controller?

Here it is.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:04 am

pawjr74 wrote:It's a tough area to get a photo of but here it is...

Along the drivers side kick panel and right above the emergency brake pedal is a white plug that allows access for either the XM hook up or the Ipod interface hook up. I use it for my Ipod interface. I am able to control the Ipod through the stereo.

Up higher along the wiring harness in the same area is a second white plug. I'm not sure what it is for. Possibly for a towing brake controller?

Here it is.

I see the US model have a emergency brake pedal :). The EU model have the handel in the center console.

Where did you get ur cables to connect your iPod via this plug? I havent checked out my car yet, but will take a look this afternoon.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:06 am

The Ipod interface is a Nissan accessory. I got it from the Nissan dealer.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 am

pawjr74 wrote:The Ipod interface is a Nissan accessory. I got it from the Nissan dealer.
Ok, this is new to me. Havent heard of anything like this here in Norway. Not sure if this connector is there on our models, but will check this later this evening.

Where does your wires go and where do you connect your ipod?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I have an 08 and from reading this thread, I think the two connectors in question are these:

As you can see, the bigger connector is for the trailer brakes, however I'm not sure what the small connector is for. Does any one have an idea what the other connector is for, its the one in the last picture?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”