Horn won't stop

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

valenburg

Horn won't stop

Postby valenburg » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 pm

After getting home this morning I was in the house and heard the horn start going off as if the car alarm was going off but, the alarm siren wasn't going off. The Control Unit is not doing anything. I could pull the relay but, I am pretty sure that's not the problem. Any suggestions, I am hoping it's not the alarm box.
To add to the systems, the car starts but the lights flash and the high beam signal flashes on the dash.

**New Symptoms: I pulled the relay and the issue times out after awhile with just lights blinking. After wards (with the alarm not activated) I open a door and the horn/lights start going off again.

I am going to go buy a new negative terminal as this I am sure is the root cause of all of this.
Last edited by valenburg on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:28 pm

by "control unit", are you referring to the key-fob pager?
the first thing that came to mind was that the panic alarm button might have been accidentally pushed.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:32 pm

The keys were just sitting on the counter, I am still investigating at this point.
And yes, I meant the FOB. When I get the negative terminal all the way on, the alarm goes off as well. So the horn double honks and the siren is going on.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Horn won't stop

Postby eieio » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:18 am

valenburg wrote:**New Symptoms: I pulled the relay and the issue times out after awhile with just lights blinking. After wards (with the alarm not activated) I open a door and the horn/lights start going off again.

I am going to go buy a new negative terminal as this I am sure is the root cause of all of this.
problem solved? was it the negative terminal? :?

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 am

I guess, so. I had to go back to my ship the next day after I bought the terminal and I haven't been back yet but it seemed to work that day with no reoccurrence. The OEM terminal was pretty much utter garbage.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”