Need some help/ advice on a 05 2wd pathfinder with 80k

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Haze08

Need some help/ advice on a 05 2wd pathfinder with 80k

Postby Haze08 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 am

This is my wives vehicle and I hardly ever drive it but 2 days ago I was driving and between 45 and 50 mph it made a clunking/ jerking kind of like a problem with the tranny. It ended up doing this 3 more times during this drive. I did not notice the rpms changing.

It did not do it anymore after that until today on her way to work it happened two more times. It seems to be really random. The speed so far has always been between 45 and 50. My first guess would be tranny or maybe the traction control acting up.

I have been trying to do some research but I am using my phone while I'm at work and it kind of a pain.

Any ideas of what this may be?

Thanks Kenny

thehumphries

Postby thehumphries » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 am

I am no master at Pathys, or cars for that matter. But if I recall right I think some people had some jerking issues in their transmissions and it had to due with the trans cooler leaking fluid into the tranny (common issue w/ the Pathy trans cooler). I think most of time people just drained, fixed the problem/cut off cooler) and were good to good. I might start there. I could be wrong, best of luck.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Need some help/ advice on a 05 2wd pathfinder with 80k

Postby eieio » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 am

Haze08 wrote:This is my wives vehicle and I hardly ever drive it but 2 days ago I was driving and between 45 and 50 mph it made a clunking/ jerking kind of like a problem with the tranny. It ended up doing this 3 more times during this drive. I did not notice the rpms changing.

It did not do it anymore after that until today on her way to work it happened two more times. It seems to be really random. The speed so far has always been between 45 and 50. My first guess would be tranny or maybe the traction control acting up.

I have been trying to do some research but I am using my phone while I'm at work and it kind of a pain.

Any ideas of what this may be?

Thanks Kenny
first, welcome to the forum :)
here is a link to one of the more comprehensive threads regarding the transmission cooler/coolant contamination issue: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ion+cooler
a forum search will provide others as well
the first thing you should do is a thorough inspection of the condition of your transmission fluid
i hope this is not the problem with your truck, but considering your year & mileage.............
worn u-joints also come to mind

Haze08

Postby Haze08 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I checked the tranny dipstick and the fluid is what I would call very light pink to almost clear color.

I saw the thread on here about Nissan extending the warranty on the cooling system for 92 months or 80k. Well it just happens to have 80502 on the clock.

Long story short it is at the dealership now and they claim if that is whats wrong they may be able to help me out. I should know something tomorrow. I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

Thanks again,
Kenny

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”