TPMS

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Npath

TPMS

Postby Npath » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 am

I've been looking on Ebay for pressure sensors and notice they come in various colours and slight differences.

My question is, which years and models are compatable with the 06 Pathfinder?

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm

The TPMS are green the number on the ones I have are 40700 CK001. If you need some working ones I can sell you the 4 I have laying here.

Npath

Postby Npath » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Storm4.0 wrote:The TPMS are green the number on the ones I have are 40700 CK001. If you need some working ones I can sell you the 4 I have laying here.
Hmmm... how much are you asking for? Ship USPS?

just deciding on what to do. I took off the original tires that came new with the Pathfinder. There's about 5/32 tread left so thinking of getting some wheels to put them on.

Only thing is... I'm not sure if it's worth the money to use them again.

I have Goodyear Wrangler Territory's on I bought from Canadian Tire. I definitely notice the weight difference when I accelerate and brake. I'm very sure these tires will burn more fuel than the lighter passenger tires.

So may buy all seasons for the Spring, Summer and early Fall. The Territory's for late fall and early Spring.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Npath wrote:
Storm4.0 wrote:The TPMS are green the number on the ones I have are 40700 CK001. If you need some working ones I can sell you the 4 I have laying here.
I have Goodyear Wrangler Territory's on I bought from Canadian Tire. I definitely notice the weight difference when I accelerate and brake. I'm very sure these tires will burn more fuel than the lighter passenger tires.

So may buy all seasons for the Spring, Summer and early Fall. The Territory's for late fall and early Spring.
I'm having the same thoughts about my Bridgestone REV02s. They are a much heavier tire, plus I went up a size from P265/70/16 to LT265/75/16. This adds over an inch of height to the tires, plus the tread depth is 16mm vs 12mm on standard tires. Am actually thinking about summer tires, but hesitating because I got the E-rated REV02s to tow my RV with. Kinda defeats the purpose though, as the extra HP it takes to turn the tires definitely had an effect of the power available to tow this summer... not sure what I will do yet... may just put these tires on kijiji to see what I could get for them and go with the C-rated version that is a P instead of LT. Same tread, so I am assuming similar characteristics for road noise, but perhaps not as stiff for handling...

Are the Territory's C or E rated? What PSI are you keeping them at? My REV02s allow up to 80PSI, I keep them at 55PSI. The ride is surprising smooth and not jarring at all. Quiet too!

As an interesting aside, the company I work for is currently working with Cummins Inc on a fuel economy test for the coaches we make. Their recommendation to get the best fuel economy was to get new low rolling resistance tires, and shave 1/2 the tread off of them.

Not that I'm planning to do that to my REV02s, but thought it was interesting that it would make that much of a difference. I guess every 1/2 mile per gallon counts! Especially when the norm is 6-8MPG.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:22 pm

The Territory's are E rated with snowflake. They are much like the Goodyear Duratracs, just slight difference in tread design. Sidewall treads are noticeably different.

Max pressure is, I think, 60 and the tire installers for some reason put that much pressure in them.

I've lowered them to 34 psi as the outter tread do not touch the pavement. May lower them again to 32psi as I notice again, not ALL of the tread is touching the pavement.

I may get all seasons again, a lighter tire, as the summer gas prices always goes up.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”