Highway tires?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

allisojh

Highway tires?

Postby allisojh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 pm

I need two front tires and bought the Courser HT tires.

Look like pretty decent highway tires.

Any reviews?

Any tire you would recommend as a Highway tire for the Pathfinder?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Mastercraft is built by Cooper and they're all pretty good tires for the money. I love the Michelins LTX MS2 I just installed but it was pretty high dollar. I drive a lot of miles and wanted to go for the best I could get. If I wasn't driving as much or needing the best I would have bought a set of Coopers without thinking twice. Had them on previous vehicles and can't complain for the $$$.

Kami

Postby Kami » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

skinny2 wrote:Mastercraft is built by Cooper and they're all pretty good tires for the money. I love the Michelins LTX MS2 I just installed but it was pretty high dollar. I drive a lot of miles and wanted to go for the best I could get. If I wasn't driving as much or needing the best I would have bought a set of Coopers without thinking twice. Had them on previous vehicles and can't complain for the $$$.
Yea just got the Michelins LTX MS2 installed back in July for a road trip from toronto>Florida and man are those things godlike!! And working pretty great so far for winter!

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 am

Kami wrote:Yea just got the Michelins LTX MS2 installed back in July for a road trip from toronto>Florida and man are those things godlike!! And working pretty great so far for winter!
I just put on a set of these this week, replacing a set of Michelin Cross Terrains. Jeez, I like this tire! Same weight as the C/T's, but they seem stiffer (prolly due to the 5-ply tread), have 3/10" wider cross section, and can take up to 45 psi, vs 35 for the C/T's.

They ARE spendy, but $4 less each than the C/T's which had only 4/32" of tread left after 34K. The store manager gave me a 45% price adjustment on the MS2's, which made it a lot easier to swallow.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 am

i dunno why but the dealers dont bring the MS2's here they keep pusing michelin latitude HP's in my face..so i ended up going with the yoko geos AT-S..was quite surprised as to how quiet these were considering these got some aggressive treads.. like the tyres so far..

The_David

Postby The_David » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:21 am

they put the Cross Terrains, on just before I got my Path but love them! 25K on them and they barely look used. I initially thought I would not like them (mostly because they were not very manly looking) but I use them every weekend when snowboarding and when the roads are not clear they still run like a champ I don't even flip into 4wheel. Rain they are pretty good. Sand they are really good, I followed a few guys through the water and soft with no issues at all. Dirt and gravel work great. now the the thick clay like mud... they are completely useless, and you can tell they have a really soft sidewall. Best of all, they are practically silent when on the highways.
Those LTX A/T 2 do sound nice though

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:40 am

The_David wrote:25K on them and they barely look used.
Yeah, at 20k, my Cross Terrains were hardly worn at all. After that, though, they shed tread like a mangey dog.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

SilverGhost wrote:
The_David wrote:25K on them and they barely look used.
Yeah, at 20k, my Cross Terrains were hardly worn at all. After that, though, they shed tread like a mangey dog.
I've notice little chunks of tread (very minor but noticable) coming off of my Michelin Lattitude Touring tires. I've even had the vehicle re-aligned but it doesn't seem to help.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”