VDS & SLIP light

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Indyfire

VDS & SLIP light

Postby Indyfire » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:47 pm

While driving home tonight the VDC off & SLIP light came on and wont turn off. Everything seems to be fine except a slight vibration that seems to be in time to the tire speed. Any suggestions on what could be going on?

disallow
Site Admin

Re: VDS & SLIP light

Postby disallow » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Indyfire wrote:While driving home tonight the VDC off & SLIP light came on and wont turn off. Everything seems to be fine except a slight vibration that seems to be in time to the tire speed. Any suggestions on what could be going on?
Its in safe mode. This happened to me once while driving through some large drifts. I think some snow got on the wheel sensors or something.

It resolved itself a few engine starts later.

t

Indyfire

Postby Indyfire » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:02 pm

We have had a lot of snow recently. I will keep it in the garage overnight to see if that will help melt any snow that might be messing with the sensor.

spylife

update

Postby spylife » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 am

Hey indy, any update? just drove a new 2011 home and had the vdc +slip light on. they drove it around all over the place on the lot prior to me taking it home, I'm surprised no one caught it (or chose to not say anything). I'll be calling them tomorrow, I've heard it can mean a bad sensor or brake line. :(

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”