No interior light switch?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

yeziam

No interior light switch?

Postby yeziam » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:30 pm

I've looked through the manual and looked over the driver controls and cannot find a way to turn on all the interior lights (all three dome lights) with the door closed. Even with my monkey arms, I can't reach into the back seat to manually turn on the 2nd row dome light. Normally this function is available on the dimmer switch, but as far as I know, Nissan's odometer/dimmer combo does not allow for this function. Am I missing something, or did Nissan engineers really overlook this convenient feature that has otherwise been available in every car manufactured in the last 50 years?

freak2180

Postby freak2180 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I would like to know also....

bdsams

Postby bdsams » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Ill throw my hat in for wanting to know too...the only way currently is to open a door, not an ideal solution.

Kami

Postby Kami » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm

there is no switch designed for that :( unless you manualy run one from all the dome lights to the front :)

freak2180

Postby freak2180 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 pm

If you took the time to run a wire from the power wire at the front light to the center and then to the rear it sould turn on all the lights when anyone door is opened. At least in my head it seems like it would work. You would just have to make sure its the power wire thats switched by the door opening and not the 12v constant that is used when you push the light to turn on.

yeziam

Postby yeziam » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess that leads to my next question; how difficult would it be to run a wire stringing all the lights together? Is it possible to fish a wire in between the roof and headliner, or would I have to remove the headliner? I'm really only looking to be able to control the 2nd row dome light from the front as I will soon have a new addition to the family ride back there.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:09 am

This really annoys me as well. I'm always sitting with my door open so my youngest can see her seatbelt (which is also difficult to buckle with a booster). I'm not a big fan of cutting into OEM wiring but I would think you could tap the door switch and install another switch somewhere to turn them on just as if the door had opened.

Another option I've considered is adding some LED's to the ceiling in the rear. The red filtered light is nice because it doesn't effect your eyes as much if then need them on while driving.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”