2" lift questoins

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

2" lift questoins

Postby NYPathfinder » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I've been toying with the idea of throwing a 2" lift on my 07LE. I dont want to do a body lift. I was thinking doing bilsteins front and rear. Using the stock springs up front. But am unsure of what to do with the rear springs. Don't want to re-use them. I hate how soft and bumpy it gets on certain roads. I have the airlift1000 which helps. But even towing with the bags at 25psi you still feel it bounce around. (only tow maybe 3-4k max) From reading around I've seen the rear springs give you more then 2" of lift. Also want the most level lift possible. Dont want to look like its doing an endo lol( friends 99 path looks like it).. I was also looking at the 2" lift kits on 4x4parts.com. Needless to say theres more optoins out there then i thought. Any input would be appreciated.. This is my daily driver and i will be keeping the LE 17's for a while since the tires are brand new.(265/65/17 i believe)

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 pm

What to do with the rear is the million dollar question. I have the 1" OME springs in the rear of mine right now. It lifted the rear of my truck 2 1/2" and puts the rear alignment just out of spec. I am going to switch the rear springs out to some Rancho rear spring spacers with the factory springs. I'll let you know how it goes.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:55 pm

pawjr74 wrote:What to do with the rear is the million dollar question. I have the 1" OME springs in the rear of mine right now. It lifted the rear of my truck 2 1/2" and puts the rear alignment just out of spec. I am going to switch the rear springs out to some Rancho rear spring spacers with the factory springs. I'll let you know how it goes.
My only problem with that is your still using the soft rear.spring. I also wonder.how much it would stiffen up the rear using the bilsteins.maybe with a firmer strut and the airbags back there using the stock spring. Would it give the more firmness im looking for and have the lift sit level.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:03 pm

pawjr74 wrote:I have the 1" OME springs in the rear of mine right now. It lifted the rear of my truck 2 1/2" and puts the rear alignment just out of spec.
Have you considered these?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/lower-c ... -5669.html

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 pm

NVSteve wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:I have the 1" OME springs in the rear of mine right now. It lifted the rear of my truck 2 1/2" and puts the rear alignment just out of spec.
Have you considered these?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/lower-c ... -5669.html
They don't make them for the rear lower control arms, only the front.
Too bad to because the bushings on my rear lower control arms are bad. I had to buy the new arms as an assy because those bushings aren't serviced seperately.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 pm

pawjr74 wrote: They don't make them for the rear lower control arms, only the front.
Too bad to because the bushings on my rear lower control arms are bad. I had to buy the new arms as an assy because those bushings aren't serviced seperately.
Crap, I didn't even notice those were for the front only. A quick google search didn't pull up anything bushing/camber kit related for the rear. That bites. What I don't understand is that a number of us with the OME don't have a problem with the alignment, while others do.

Not sure what I would do in your position. I'd probably either live with it out of spec (if it isn't anything dangerous that affects handling, outside of possible uneven tire wear), or I'd dump the Path for another vehicle altogether. I simply can't go back to those stock springs. Is there any chance you could have a custom spring designed by someone?

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm

There should really be one thread for everyone to post there lifts. What brand,size, problems they ran into, how it rides.. etc....

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm

NVSteve, I'm hoping that when I put the stock spring back in with a spacer that there will be enough compression room with the added space to keep the rear end from bottoming out. Basically the rear spring would have an additional 1 3/4 inch to compress before the bump stops would hit. I hope that made sense.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:38 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:There should really be one thread for everyone to post there lifts. What brand,size, problems they ran into, how it rides.. etc....
I asked about that a while ago in the suggestions/comments section, but no response yet.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm

NVSteve wrote:
NYPathfinder wrote:There should really be one thread for everyone to post there lifts. What brand,size, problems they ran into, how it rides.. etc....
I asked about that a while ago in the suggestions/comments section, but no response yet.
Im sure if a thread gets started there wont be a problem. If i had the Know and patience i would put one together. but i dont..

anyone using this kit from 4x4parts??
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html
it says the springs give you the 2" lift in the rear but i have a feeling its more then that. Don't want to end up with the rear higher then the front. If no one has used it guess ill call them but id rather first had experience from someone that has it installed.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:57 pm

after researching the kit 4x4parts.com has the springs for the rear make it sit .5-1 inch higher then the front and also very hard to get the rear into specs. Im liking the idea pawjr74 has with the rancho rear spring spacers. except id like to use the bilsteins all around and have them set at 2" of lift.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 pm

I cant believe how many people is having issues getting their rear alignment into specs, I got the rear lift coils and took it to a firestones and they were able to get it into specs with no problems.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 pm

I believe that 07 and newer does not have adjustable camber bolts in the rear. so you are limited on what you are able to do.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 pm

does anyone know if the frontier front shocks will fit our pathfinders? I was talking to someone at 4x4parts.com and he said they have shocks that will give 2.5 inches of lift for the front. My goal was to do bilsteins in the rear and front to have an level lift. From the factory the rear sits a little higher so with 2" of lift in the rear that extra half inch up front(if the frontier shocks work) will level it out to my liking. Im going to keep the stock springs with airbags in the rear to firmen it up. or do what has been mentioned and install the rancho rear spring spacers to try and firm up the rear.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 pm

The front suspension on the Frontier is the same as the Pathfinder.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”