Vibration @ 1600 rpm and 60km

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ROGUE250

Vibration @ 1600 rpm and 60km

Postby ROGUE250 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 pm

My first post. I had many Volvo's prior to my Nissan and actually bought my Nissan in hopes of not having to join forums in order to diagnose car issues so the tech's could actually fix the problem instead of just throwing new parts at the car.

I've been through all th threads and they seem to go back and forth between u joints and rads and trany failure.

I had u-joints replaced last week and that didn't change a thing. I got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago concerning extended rad warranty up to 130,000kms. Is my vibration linked to this rad issue?

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Vibration @ 1600 rpm and 60km

Postby disallow » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 pm

ROGUE250 wrote:My first post. I had many Volvo's prior to my Nissan and actually bought my Nissan in hopes of not having to join forums in order to diagnose car issues so the tech's could actually fix the problem instead of just throwing new parts at the car.

I've been through all th threads and they seem to go back and forth between u joints and rads and trany failure.

I had u-joints replaced last week and that didn't change a thing. I got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago concerning extended rad warranty up to 130,000kms. Is my vibration linked to this rad issue?
Some people have reported a 'rumble' when the transmission is contaminated. Erratic shifting, etc etc. Check your trans fluid for contamination.

Short of that, ensure that the techs checked both rear and front driveshafts (if so equipped). Seems that people tend to overlook the front prop shaft, but it spins all the time and can cause vibration if bent or u-joints are worn.

As far as not having to join forums, I haven't found that car yet. It seems that all vehicles have some issue or other. I find though, that the Japanese cars tend to have alot of discussion on modification. Also alot of discussion on DIY maintenance and repair.

t

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Vibration @ 1600 rpm and 60km

Postby eieio » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 pm

ROGUE250 wrote: actually fix the problem instead of just throwing new parts at the car?
now there's a concept! :)
ROGUE250 wrote:I've been through all th threads and they seem to go back and forth between u joints and rads and trany failure.?
that's because these are the two common problems related to rumbles & vibrations
ROGUE250 wrote:I had u-joints replaced last week and that didn't change a thing.

who did this work for you, and was there any assurance that it would solve the problem?
ROGUE250 wrote: Is my vibration linked to this rad issue?
hopefully not, but like disallow mentioned, a careful check of the condition of your transmission fluid is in order

BTW: welcome to the forum :)
what year and model is your truck? how many miles? owned since new?

ROGUE250

Postby ROGUE250 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:06 pm

When rear univ joints were replaced the ride did get smoother. Checked both rad and tranny fluids today and the look OK.

The other issue I noticed, when @ highway speeds and gas is depressed there is much more drag like engine braking?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”