Bought Used. Does this mean I don't have Heat working?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jlwardn

Bought Used. Does this mean I don't have Heat working?

Postby jlwardn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I was installing my Rear Hatch shocks and Air Lift 1000 today. When the vehicle was lifted I noticed my rear heater lines looked like this.

Does this mean they are leaking and will not work in the spring?
http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/45588 ... 600Q85.jpg
Last edited by jlwardn on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freak2180

Postby freak2180 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 pm

I would say you hit the nail on the head. Did you get an extended or third party waranty?

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I bought it used from a private party. I busted him out when I asked about the extra trans cooler he had up front. I told him I really was hesitant buying this body style Pathfinder with all of the radiator/transmission issues. He finally fessed up that he had the transmission rebuilt and did a radiator bypass. He was about 75 years old so I took him at his word that everything else worked fine and he really took good care of it. His daughter worked at the Nissan dealer that he bought if from. At least I bought it cheap.....

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:29 pm

I bought it used from a private party. I busted him out when I asked about the extra trans cooler he had up front. I told him I really was hesitant buying this body style Pathfinder with all of the radiator/transmission issues. He finally fessed up that he had the transmission rebuilt and did a radiator bypass. He was about 75 years old so I took him at his word that everything else worked fine and he really took good care of it. His daughter worked at the Nissan dealer that he bought if from. At least I bought it cheap.....

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Have you turned on the AC and seen if the compressor spins? Does the AC click on with the defrost?

I throught the AC lines were two different sizes running to the rear while the coolant lines were both the same size. I have an "S" so I'm not familiar with those lines myself.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:49 pm

jlwardn wrote:I bought it used from a private party. I busted him out when I asked about the extra trans cooler he had up front.
all R51s came with a cooler in front of the radiator
has a second one been added?
i don't know what a AC leak looks like, but are you sure they are not heater lines?
i may be completely off-base, but the residue from the leaking lines appears (to me) to be coolant residue

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 am

Now I am starting to think they are heater lines since I have read of other people having similar issues. I never have passengers so I might just have them capped off.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 am

jlwardn wrote:Now I am starting to think they are heater lines since I have read of other people having similar issues. I never have passengers so I might just have them capped off.
another alternative would be to remove the section(s) of leaking pipe, and replace it with some rubber hose & hose clamps

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm

They must be for heat. Today I tried to run my rear heat and I discovered....no heat. How does the rear heat work? I thought if I had leaking lines I would be out of coolant up front too. I have the proper amount of coolant up front and no signs of leaking on the garage floor. Any other suggestions?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”