Slotted rotors

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cruzstyle

Slotted rotors

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:30 pm

so should i go all out and spend the full amount for a full set of name brand slotted rotors like EBC or brembo or just pay for a cheap set like from royalty rotors for half the price??? i dont race. just family a family car. i will be trailering my 86 single cab toyota pick up in a month but thats prob the first and only towing this path will see

dbetterred

Postby dbetterred » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

I would just put normal non slotted rotors on with good pads. I put EBC slotted rotors on and I don't really like them. I get some noise from them when stopping from high speed or when they get hot. They don't seem much better than my old rotors.

Get good pads though! I use EBC green stuff pads. I love them, they are a much better performing pad over stock.

FYI, I pull my 4800 pound boat a lot in season, on a trailer with no brakes, so my pads are very important to me.

hope that's helpful, just my opinion though......

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:52 pm

that did help thanks man. i have 20 inch rims and just want to make sure i get some better brakes. i always though that slotted rotors helped get rid of the heat??? so im thinking that if u had normal rotors they woulld fry. i was gonna do slotted with ultamix pads. im really not sure now

The_David

Postby The_David » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 pm

You'll see tons of posts about this across the forums of the internets.
My vote would be quality blanks with quality pads such as the ebc. cheaper blanks tend to have softer metal, wear faster and cause for just that much more give in the brakes. I've read the sloted tend to wear the pads faster, and you loose just that much surface area. Those fins in the middle of the rotor do a lot of the cooling.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”