Nissan Pathfinder Arctic Truck -

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Avena

Re: Nissan Pathfinder Arctic Truck -

Postby Avena » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I would love to share a wonderful review of this car also. This is actually my dream car. I know some day I will have one unit for my family.
Last edited by Avena on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

keefie

Postby keefie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:38 am

remyek wrote:
keefie wrote:Hi Remyek,

Really nice rig :D I have bought the Artic truck rims recently. How much of a body lift did you need for the rims to be able to turn freely at the front?

Many Thanks

Keith
It´s lifted 50mm on the body and just a little on the front shocks...
Remyek,

Thanks for replying. Did you have to do any trimming on the front to allow the 35's to fit. I haven't bought my tyres yet and I am wondering what size to go for that will require the least effort....

Many Thanks
Keith

remyek

Postby remyek » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

keefie wrote:
remyek wrote:
keefie wrote:Hi Remyek,

Really nice rig :D I have bought the Artic truck rims recently. How much of a body lift did you need for the rims to be able to turn freely at the front?

Many Thanks

Keith
It´s lifted 50mm on the body and just a little on the front shocks...
Remyek,

Thanks for replying. Did you have to do any trimming on the front to allow the 35's to fit. I haven't bought my tyres yet and I am wondering what size to go for that will require the least effort....

Many Thanks
Keith
Yes, they have done much job with the inner wheel arch. They have refittet arctic trucks own moulded inner wheel arch to allow more space. Also some of the lower part of the bumper was trimmed.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm

remyek wrote: So whats the plans? I am thinking of lifting it around 2.5 inches on the suspension, fit custom AT carrier arms, spacers on the rear, fit 37 og 38inch tyres, remove the DPF filter (diesel particle filter) and tune the engine... maybe change the gear ratio on the differential.....
Hey remyek,

What is the 'Custom AT Carrier Arms' you mentioned?

Thanks

remyek

Postby remyek » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

rragpaoa wrote:
remyek wrote: So whats the plans? I am thinking of lifting it around 2.5 inches on the suspension, fit custom AT carrier arms, spacers on the rear, fit 37 og 38inch tyres, remove the DPF filter (diesel particle filter) and tune the engine... maybe change the gear ratio on the differential.....
Hey remyek,

What is the 'Custom AT Carrier Arms' you mentioned?

Thanks
Carrier arms (may be another word that is more correct) that will allow longer travel on the suspension. You now those arms holding your suspension and wheels on place, upper and lower? Sorry, but my english aint that good when it comes to complex parts on a car! Anywow, they have their own that uses the original bushes etc. And by reputation (and almost self saying) the quality is very good. Iclandic people KNOWS how to custom rig a 4x4 :D

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am

remyek wrote: Carrier arms (may be another word that is more correct) that will allow longer travel on the suspension. You now those arms holding your suspension and wheels on place, upper and lower? Sorry, but my english aint that good when it comes to complex parts on a car! Anywow, they have their own that uses the original bushes etc. And by reputation (and almost self saying) the quality is very good. Iclandic people KNOWS how to custom rig a 4x4 :D
Thanks for the quick response.
Here they are called upper and lower control arms (UCA, LCA).
I would love to get my hands on those UCA and LCAs. Do you have the specs on those, i.e. how much more wheel travel they provide?

Thx

remyek

Postby remyek » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

rragpaoa wrote:
remyek wrote: Carrier arms (may be another word that is more correct) that will allow longer travel on the suspension. You now those arms holding your suspension and wheels on place, upper and lower? Sorry, but my english aint that good when it comes to complex parts on a car! Anywow, they have their own that uses the original bushes etc. And by reputation (and almost self saying) the quality is very good. Iclandic people KNOWS how to custom rig a 4x4 :D
Thanks for the quick response.
Here they are called upper and lower control arms (UCA, LCA).
I would love to get my hands on those UCA and LCAs. Do you have the specs on those, i.e. how much more wheel travel they provide?

Thx
I´m going to Arctic 2m and can ask then, ok?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

remyek wrote: I´m going to Arctic 2m and can ask then, ok?
Tell them, plead with them, beg them, whatever it takes for them to start offering pieces of their Pathfinder kits, instead of having to buy the whole package & needing the vehicle for it in person. I've emailed them a few times in the past asking about this, and I just don't understand why they wouldn't sell cool pieces of their kits (fender flares, etc.). Remind them that the economy is bad right now (especially in Iceland where their home office is). This would only generate more profit for them. /RANT

remyek

Postby remyek » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 pm

NVSteve wrote:
remyek wrote: I´m going to Arctic 2m and can ask then, ok?
Tell them, plead with them, beg them, whatever it takes for them to start offering pieces of their Pathfinder kits, instead of having to buy the whole package & needing the vehicle for it in person. I've emailed them a few times in the past asking about this, and I just don't understand why they wouldn't sell cool pieces of their kits (fender flares, etc.). Remind them that the economy is bad right now (especially in Iceland where their home office is). This would only generate more profit for them. /RANT
Well thats their thing. If they DID sell all the components they have, why would anyoe build their cars at their shop? Great business skills, however unfair it seems! ;)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 am

remyek wrote: Well thats their thing. If they DID sell all the components they have, why would anyoe build their cars at their shop?
Because some people don't have the skill to do it themselves, don't have the time to do so, etc. Why else would we have so many auto repair shops & a thriving service department at the dealerships? Honestly, why the F would they care if they are creating more sales, thus more profit, for themselves by shipping to overseas destinations? It isn't like they are losing out on an installation charge, as they don't have any locations in the US.

remyek

Postby remyek » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am

NVSteve wrote:
remyek wrote: Well thats their thing. If they DID sell all the components they have, why would anyoe build their cars at their shop?
Because some people don't have the skill to do it themselves, don't have the time to do so, etc. Why else would we have so many auto repair shops & a thriving service department at the dealerships? Honestly, why the F would they care if they are creating more sales, thus more profit, for themselves by shipping to overseas destinations? It isn't like they are losing out on an installation charge, as they don't have any locations in the US.
I dont know dude, I dont work there. It is the same her, sweden, iceland, denmark, uk etc... they dont sell certain parts that are unique for them... thats all I know

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 am

maybe they are not a huge manufacturing outfit that would rather limit production to maintain a "comfort level" that works for them

remyek

Postby remyek » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 am

that may be!

Also, they just got a deal of 50 or 60 of these to the norwegian army
http://www.arctictrucks.com/Pages/4704

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm

remyek wrote:I dont know dude, I dont work there. It is the same her, sweden, iceland, denmark, uk etc... they dont sell certain parts that are unique for them... thats all I know
Oh, I know. I was just venting about them in general & in no way was this directed at you. Their business model doesn't make sense to me, but c'est la vie. Maybe someone from the US (I've already written them a few times) should write them now and inquire about getting pieces shipped to the US. I'm guessing a few people on this board would be very interested in some of their offerings. There's a slim chance that I might stop by their store in Reykjavik in the fall, so I could at least grovel at their feet in person, let the tears flow or whatever it will take.

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 am

I aggree about the needing the fender flares and wheel arches in the United States. I do understand them not wanting to give them up locally, but us poor people in the United States We have no other resource available to accomplish what they are doing here. That wouldnt exactly be threatening their bussines, but expanding it. Nobody and i do mean nobody in the whole world is doing what they are doing, and i have searched high and low. I couldnt take my pathy to their shop, but i sure would if i could. They are exactly what i am looking for here. It would seem that if they could just offer it to United States customers mail order they would have a huge market, and make a ton of money. How about you ask them to expand and open a shop in Pittsburgh Pa and i will be their first customer. Seriously there must be something that us north american pathy owners could do to get them.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”