HID for 2008

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

asgard

Postby asgard » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am

I am thinking of the HID kit for my 2007. I looked the ddm site and wondered if someone could itemize the order,

I looked at the hi/lo 35 watt slim ballast system 5000k
do you need the HID wiring harness and the error code eliminator?

they are also showing a 55 watt lamp - has anyone tried these?

I quite liked the idea of replacing the entire unit to projector type but don't want to remove the fender etc - maybe later.

thanks

pathology

Postby pathology » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 am

I didn't ever get around to installing mine, and probably won't, anyone interested? $50 and shipping, and their yours. The links to the set is on the previous page.

Al.

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

asgard wrote:I am thinking of the HID kit for my 2007. I looked the ddm site and wondered if someone could itemize the order,

I looked at the hi/lo 35 watt slim ballast system 5000k
do you need the HID wiring harness and the error code eliminator?

they are also showing a 55 watt lamp - has anyone tried these?

I quite liked the idea of replacing the entire unit to projector type but don't want to remove the fender etc - maybe later.

thanks
If you get the high/low kit for the 9007, it comes with a wiring kit. You do not need the error code eliminator.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am

As mentioned, no need for the harness or code thing.

The 55w would be very bright. I'm going to have enough trouble not blinding people with the 35w's. I'm guessing the 35w will have better life as well.

I cranked them down a little and lost some distance and looks like I'm still blinding people from behind. Nobody has flashed their lights at me coming the opposite direction though.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 am

pathology wrote:I didn't ever get around to installing mine, and probably won't, anyone interested? $50 and shipping, and their yours. The links to the set is on the previous page.

Al.
Why not? It was a very easy install and would be just as easy to take off if you don't like them. Wish you would have posted this two weeks ago!!

pathology

Postby pathology » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:24 pm

skinny2 wrote:
pathology wrote:I didn't ever get around to installing mine, and probably won't, anyone interested? $50 and shipping, and their yours. The links to the set is on the previous page.

Al.
Why not? It was a very easy install and would be just as easy to take off if you don't like them. Wish you would have posted this two weeks ago!!
It's a different set... Not quite as easy.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:14 am

Well after running the HID's awhile I can say I'm really not pleased. I've had to adjust these down very far to keep from completely blinding other drivers. They are still very bright and get the occassional flash or finger from someone in front...and being adjusted down as far as they are the gain is marginal. The roadway is by-far brighter and I like the 5k color as the road/lines looks very nice when wet. But the horrible optics and reflectors on the stock lights is just too much to overcome. Where I have them set at the moment I'm not getting a ton of distance because of that built-in cut-off inside the headlamp. The roadway is pretty bright right up to where that cut-off comes in, but very scattered pattern on low-beam. Drove my wife's Sienna in the rain last night and her low beams are equal to high-beams with the Pathfinder.

So I'm going to go back to the drawing board. I may look at a projector retrofit. Auxilliary lights are another option but don't help at all on low-beam. I found a set of the Pathfinder projectors for sale in Germany....for only $2,500. :shock: This is about the time I usually just buy a new daily-driver anyway (60k miles) but I really like this thing if the lights weren't so bad.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 am

That sucks. Wish they made projector headlamps for the 2008 and up pathfinders.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”