4x4parts.com deluxe suspension lift is garbage!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

tuleman

4x4parts.com deluxe suspension lift is garbage!

Postby tuleman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 pm

do not use this lift the springs that they supply you with will make your allignment to be out of specifications. i have replaced all of my lower control arms, purchased new camber bolts, paid for 3 allignments, shredded a brand new set of tires in less than a year. Before i describe the issue i want to state that i emailed 4x4parts.com before i purchased this lift asking if i would have any allignment issues with this kit and the reply was i may need camber bolts and everything would be fine.

It seems to be impossible to get the camber correct, if you get it right then the toe will be off. i have tried to get help from 4x4parts.com and they have been no assistance. they just keep asking for more info, more hoops to jump through and give me no help.

i have posted my expeirience on their website and here to try to stop people from wasting money buying this kit. i keep seeing more people with the same problem and 4x4parts.com keeps on suckering more people into purchasing this kit. they are not being held accountable for this. it is unethical and yet they continue to sell this.

If anyone has been able to correctly get their allignment to spec. please post how you have done it. i cant afford this and am probably going.to install rancho quicklift spacers in the rear with my soft stock springs to correct this issue. they have just gone too far, and i cant let anyone else do this. if you do decide to purchase this kit do so at your own risk, because your allignment will never be the same, and buy stock in your tire manufacturer because you will be buying alot of them.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 am

I had the same issue with the OME medium rear springs. I just recently put the stock springs back in the rear.

remyek

Postby remyek » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 am

wow, was about to order but then I got cold feet.... arctic told me about the issues and recomended me to use spacers on the rear springs. So I may go for the rancho quicklift front kit and the rancho rear quick lift spacers? Anyone who have used them?

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 am

i really like the rancho setup for what it is, and the price is good too. The only drawback is that there is no seperate adjustment for rebound and compression. it does both progessively. but i can adjust it stiffer and it handles nice but bumps are really noticable, or soft and then it rides like a cadillac, but it will wallow like one too. i leave it around 5 front and rear in winter to smooth out ride, and if i want to push it i sst.em on 7. if i am off road and dont want a rough ride you set them on 1 and take it easy and it will really smooth out your ride. I will be installing the rear spacers soon when the weather breaks but right now i am in a deep freeze, and i aint laying on the ground. My pathy drives straight and it really is a much better ride with ac springs i just cant get past the positive camber, and it eating my tires. when i get ou of it after a long drive 20+ minutes i can smell rubber burning from rear. i am in the process of buying another set of tires but i need this thing straightened out before i will install this set. i am contemplating installing 285/75r16 as ranch website says will clear. i just am nervous about clearance and rubbing. After this past year and everything i have been through with the rear spring swap, i dont want to take any more chances. With regards to the 285 if anyone can ease my mind i would like to here respnses. i have read about the heat gun mod and dont have front mud flaps anyway please chime in let me know.what you think, about rub, mpg difference, and finnally lost power. those 285s sure look awesome!

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am

we should get a bunch of unsatisfied people together and see if they cant help us. It seems like bull**** that they can keep selling this defective kit to people. I hope my postings will stop them from selling another one. I just dont understand how they didnt have problems with the ac pathfinder prodject, they had to get it alligned and they have not told me how they accomplished this. I really do like the ride improvment with them and i feel like it wont bottom out, ie i can push it really hard to bumps. there must be something we are missing. I just had my gallbladder out a month ago, and was trying to work with them to find cause but i couldnt keep going outside and lay on the ground to do everthing they wanted. Their last request was a picture of all of the cam bolts. i have explained the problem in detail with them, and they offered me no help. I have the old control arms, it would be nice if i could get some kind of extreeme camber poly bushings like they sell, but those are for the front only. Did i mention i had a baby in july with all of this going on at the same time. they really stuck it in me if you know what i mean.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

I would be happy with a true 1 1/2 inch rear lift spring. With the front end at 2 inches that would put the truck perfectly level and the rear alignment wouldn't be an issue.

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am

at some point they should help us out you would think. I am upset with their efforts which total next to none to help me with this issue. I sent them copies of my allignment print outs, measured actual lift which is much more than they reported, and described the issue with them in detail. I just couldnt continue playing around.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 pm

tuleman wrote:i am contemplating installing 285/75r16 as ranch website says will clear. i just am nervous about clearance and rubbing. After this past year and everything i have been through with the rear spring swap, i dont want to take any more chances. With regards to the 285 if anyone can ease my mind i would like to here respnses. i have read about the heat gun mod and dont have front mud flaps anyway please chime in let me know.what you think, about rub, mpg difference, and finnally lost power. those 285s sure look awesome!
I agree the 285s look great. I talked myself out of them when I bought new tires a few months ago, because the cons outweiged the pros. I still might try them the next time around, assuming I don't dump the Pathfinder for the upcoming redesign. Anyway, aside from what you listed about needed to hit the wheel wells with a heat gun & cutting the mud flaps, a few people here have said that the tires rub on the frame when making a full turn. Even though I have plenty of room above the tires with my lift, both sides are fairly tight-even with a 265. I have to chip away any & all ice/snow/mud from the wheelwells before I drive, otherwise my tires won't fully turn. I can only imagine how much worse it would be with a 285. The speedo will also be off. In the end, the 1/2" of added ground clearance wasn't worth the other headaches involved.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm currently running 285/50/20 Cooper Zeon LTZs with an overall diameter of 31.29 inches. They didn't rub anywhere before installing my AC lift. After the installation, I had to take off my front splash guards. They still rub the rear part of the inner fender, so I'll have to do the melt mod in the spring. I'm going to ditch the rear springs and use my stock springs with airlift 1000 bags and rancho spacers (Pawjr's suggested route). I also plan on swapping out my front coils with OME607 light duty springs set at the lowest clip (several frontiers have had relatively good success with this setup) in preparation for my Shrockworks front bumper. I do regret purchasing the AC deluxe suspension package as I have slight positive camber in the rear that are chewing up my tires.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:56 pm

I can't beleive all the issues with rubbing everyone has with tires. Is it just because the Rancho setup gives an extra .5" of lift vs. Bilstein for the reason I have no contact with my 285/60/18 coopers that have a diameter of 31.5"? The rims I have are 8" wide but the back of the rim is in the same spot as stock because of the offset. I feel safe enough to go to 295/65/18 (33") on my next purchase of tires, then I will need to do a little trimming I'm sure. Oh, and no alignment issues with my Rancho QuickLift, everything is well within stock specs.

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 am

i dont have any rub right now, but i have 265/70/16 (31.5 " ). With my lift and new clearance the tires look too small to me with to much of a gap in wheel wells. i am looking into putting on 285/75/16 (33"x11.5x16) size on for the looks/lift/as well as a increase in width. the added foot print should give me more traction off road, and a little more floatation in sloppy conditions. so i want to increase height by 2" and width by 1". my pathfinder se came with 16 inch wheels.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 pm

tuleman wrote:so i want to increase height by 2" and width by 1". my pathfinder se came with 16 inch wheels.
You'd only gain .75" of height with the larger tire. I know some here have simply put the 285s on the stock 16" wheel, even though the 285 calls for a wider wheel. Are you going to try new wheels in addition to the tires?

remyek

Postby remyek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Can someone tell me the pros and cons on SPACERS vs shocks & springs? like the one from Rancho? I´m having a hard time deciding what to order....

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

remyek wrote:Can someone tell me the pros and cons on SPACERS vs shocks & springs? like the one from Rancho? I´m having a hard time deciding what to order....
The spacers give you lift while retaining the stock ride. Replacing the springs and shocks give you lift while upgrading the ride.

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm

tuleman wrote:the added foot print should give me more traction off road, and a little more floatation in sloppy conditions.
Not sure what type of sloppy you're talking about, but it sounds like it may differ from what we consider sloppy in Hawaii. Our sloppy consists of nasty, slippery, clay mud. In my experience, wide tires for flotation works best in the sand. For Hawaii-type sloppy, skinnier tires work best because they're more able to sink through the loose stuff on top and bite at the harder ground underneath.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”