2007 pathfinder skid plate

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

emt530783

2007 pathfinder skid plate

Postby emt530783 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:37 pm

hey guys once again having another question... new to the pathfinder... i am looking to get a skid plate for an 07 pathfinder... anyone have any ideas??? i dont know if i want a push bar yet... so just looking for the skid plate for now... do they have those available????

thank you

richardekirby

Re: 2007 pathfinder skid plate

Postby richardekirby » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

emt530783 wrote:hey guys once again having another question... new to the pathfinder... i am looking to get a skid plate for an 07 pathfinder... anyone have any ideas??? i dont know if i want a push bar yet... so just looking for the skid plate for now... do they have those available????

thank you
I'm not sure what you are looking for?

Skid plates go underneath and protect things like the oil pan, transfer case, gas tank, ect. They are available thru the dealer. This link should help: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _6941.html

As far as front end protection, you can go with a bull bar or full grille guard. There are many different styles out there. You will need to search on the internet to find them.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 am

does anyone know what skid plates are crucial for doing some light offroading? i noticed courtesy parts has front under, center under, engine under, etc. which ones are most essential to buy?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 am

bwareheim wrote:does anyone know what skid plates are crucial for doing some light offroading? i noticed courtesy parts has front under, center under, engine under, etc. which ones are most essential to buy?
depends on what part of the under-chassis your gonna bash :wink:
i was VERY glad to have my fuel tank protector one day!
for the money and ease of installation (threaded holes are already there), the whole set is a good idea :)

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am

bwareheim wrote:does anyone know what skid plates are crucial for doing some light offroading? i noticed courtesy parts has front under, center under, engine under, etc. which ones are most essential to buy?
There are times that you may need them all depending on the type of wheeling you do. The engine and transfer case skid plates are only about $20 each and the gas tank skid plate is over $200. I just did the front two for now because that's what I can afford at this time. I plan on buying or making one for the gas tank as soon as I can. I've also looked at what I could do to help protect the rear diff.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:48 pm

richardekirby wrote:
There are times that you may need them all depending on the type of wheeling you do. The engine and transfer case skid plates are only about $20 each and the gas tank skid plate is over $200. I just did the front two for now because that's what I can afford at this time. I plan on buying or making one for the gas tank as soon as I can. I've also looked at what I could do to help protect the rear diff.
Thanks guys. So richardekirby did you go with the Engine Under and Transmission Under? They also have the front under which runs about 90 bucks and center under. Are you going to get those as well or just stick with the engine and transmission and then gas tank? I would obviously love the whole set but being a college student spending money is an issue.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

bwareheim wrote:
richardekirby wrote:
Thanks guys. So richardekirby did you go with the Engine Under and Transmission Under? They also have the front under which runs about 90 bucks and center under. Are you going to get those as well or just stick with the engine and transmission and then gas tank? I would obviously love the whole set but being a college student spending money is an issue.
You should already have the front under and center under. I would consider the front under more as a splash shield than a skid plate and the center under is the access panel that you remove to get to the oil filter. If you do not have those then you would probably want to get them too. Althought they are not a whole lot of protection, they are better than nothing.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 am

My question is are the skid plates the same from 2005 through 2010 models? I have an 08 and I know there were a few different modifications starting on the 2008 edition.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I am guessing they are the same because on the site it says 2005 to 2010 unless it makes you specify what year you have when you order them.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks for that link. I just ordered
[50884M] COVER-TRANSMISSION UPPER - Pathfinder (R51) 2005-2010
50884-R51001
and
[50842] COVER-ENGINE UNDER,RH - Pathfinder (R51) 2005-2010
50842-R51001

along with the bolts needed.

Off topic__Can anyone help me find the bolts that are used for the two front tow hooks? I cant seem to navigate that site to well and can't find them. Thanks. I went to 5 differrent auto stores looking for the bolts.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am

Off topic__Can anyone help me find the bolts that are used for the two front tow hooks? I cant seem to navigate that site to well and can't find them. Thanks. I went to 5 differrent auto stores looking for the bolts.[/quote]

I think they are 081B07-2452A @ $3.53 each. You will need four of them.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

richardekirby wrote:Off topic__Can anyone help me find the bolts that are used for the two front tow hooks? I cant seem to navigate that site to well and can't find them. Thanks. I went to 5 differrent auto stores looking for the bolts.
I think they are 081B07-2452A @ $3.53 each. You will need four of them.[/quote]
Ok thanks. Have my hooks on the way with no bolts..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”