ECM Recall

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

ECM Recall

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:52 pm

I just got a notice in the mail today that Nissan has issued a recall on our ECM modules, at least for my '06. That's the first I've heard about an issue with them. To be honest, though, I've slept thru the past three years, so nothing surprises me anymore. Has anybody else received this notice, or, better yet, has anybody experienced any ECM issues? Just curious, 'cause it's all news to me.

Npath

Re: ECM Recall

Postby Npath » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 pm

SilverGhost wrote:I just got a notice in the mail today that Nissan has issued a recall on our ECM modules, at least for my '06. That's the first I've heard about an issue with them. To be honest, though, I've slept thru the past three years, so nothing surprises me anymore. Has anybody else received this notice, or, better yet, has anybody experienced any ECM issues? Just curious, 'cause it's all news to me.
I got this recall letter back in December. Dealer couldn't swap it for me as they didn't have any in stock. Doesn't matter to me right now as I haven't experienced any stalling or no starts.

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

What they only replace is a relay on that board that, for some reason due to manufacturing design, gets pitted contacts. Some here and elsewhere say the engine can stall or at the very least, cause a light display show on the dash. I called and made an appointment and they made sure my vin # was under any recall. The also checked the air bag sensor up by the bumper at the same time. It took less than 30 minutes to swap out. Hardly had time to read a magazine article while waiting, it was so quick and painless.

CPTCoke

Re: ECM Recall

Postby CPTCoke » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:04 pm

SilverGhost wrote:I just got a notice in the mail today that Nissan has issued a recall on our ECM modules, at least for my '06. That's the first I've heard about an issue with them. To be honest, though, I've slept thru the past three years, so nothing surprises me anymore. Has anybody else received this notice, or, better yet, has anybody experienced any ECM issues? Just curious, 'cause it's all news to me.
Our 2005 Path did have issues in 2007. The car stalled several times and the dealership could not figure it out. The dealer wanted me to throw $$ at the problem as they usually do. The first attempt was the battery, then an alternator. When this didn't work I did some research and learned that the ECM could have been the issue. A friend and I replaced the ECM and we have had no problems since. Hope this helped.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:36 pm

i just had mine replaces a few weeks ago and this morning my path would not start at first. I let it sit for a few min while i went inside to warm up and when i came back out it started up..... I will be taking mine back to Nissan to have them look at it again.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”