n00b with a few questions

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

OurPathfinder

Endura Frontal Protection Pricing

Postby OurPathfinder » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:09 am

According to the UK website the price for the 2005+ Pathfinder Endura Zeus and Athena models are £314.31 or $494 USD (approx). Ouch. Westin Bull Bars here we come!

pthomp52

Postby pthomp52 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:26 am

Not our fault that the exchange rate is not favourable, sorry about that.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:19 am

O.P. I'm not entirely sure the Westin will do more than provide some "attitude" for your rig or a little protection for poor parkers. Anything beyond a an empty trash can and your bumpers going to pay, which is the big money.

IMO outside of being utterly repugnant the Endra FPS is a contradiction in function. In an emergency situation especially when identifying a human, it's instinctual to steer away from them not to try hit them dead center.
Is there hood Nerf available for the area a full sized adult's head would actually hit factoring nose dive under braking and other real world variables?

OurPathfinder

Postby OurPathfinder » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:03 am

Don't get me wrong, I think the Endura is a great looking product that offers wonderful form and function. My whole purpose for wanting to get a bull bar is for "some" front end protection against silly people in parking lots and a place to mount larger diameter driving lights. Just looking for something a little more affordable to go with my $650 a month payment.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 am

Fofiddy wrote:O.P. I'm not entirely sure the Westin will do more than provide some "attitude" for your rig or a little protection for poor parkers. Anything beyond a an empty trash can and your bumpers going to pay, which is the big money.
I'd sure like to see some more photos of the Westin attached to a PF. All the tiny photos I've seen so far, mostly on other vehicles, makes the Westin look like it hangs far too low.
IMO outside of being utterly repugnant the Endra FPS is a contradiction in function. In an emergency situation especially when identifying a human, it's instinctual to steer away from them not to try hit them dead center.
Yeah, but you get more points if you hit them in the center. Everyone knows that :)

Hitting a person has just never been of any concern to me. Maybe if I had to drive around NYC (or pretty much anywhere in Europe) every day, but I simply don't. I just don't live or drive anywhere were there are lots of pedestrians, thus my concern that a flexible plastic looking thing will provide any protection from deer, elk, moose, cows, horses, etc.

pthomp52

Postby pthomp52 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:09 am

Don't forget if you are outside the EU, you will not pay VAT (sales tax) which is 17.5% so the non vat price (select your country on www-endura-fps and if you are outside the EU it deducts the VAT automatically) would be £267.50 plus shipping.

pthomp52

Postby pthomp52 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:50 am

By the way, there is an Endura FPS on UK ebay at the moment,
see here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 am

Shrockworks makes a winch bumper as well. I believe ragapoa put one on his:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15

I think this is almost as expensive as the ARB.

pthomp52

Postby pthomp52 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:49 am

There is another Navara/Pathfinder bar on ebay only 19 hrs to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”