2006 Nissan 4x4 help!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Lthoward70

2006 Nissan 4x4 help!

Postby Lthoward70 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I have a 06 Pathfinder and have a couple questions.

I recently installed a CAI and Throttle Body Spacer and noticed that when i took off the throttle body there was a plastic grate that slid into the plastic air intake just after the throttle body. I was wondering, do I need this? its not like a filter it has about 1/4 holes in it.

Also whenever my tires slip there is a grinding noise coming from somewhere upfront i was thinking it was the front differential or maybe the ABS, not sure though. It just recently started making this noise. This cant be normal right?

Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

bigchieftablet

Postby bigchieftablet » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:32 pm

My '07 makes the same abs type noise from what seems to be the front left tire when I loose traction. The response I got was that because I was in 4 wheel drive and that tire was spinning faster that the rest, it was making that sound. Now I'm not so sure because when the other tires slip, they don't make the noise.

richardekirby

Re: 2006 Nissan 4x4 help!

Postby richardekirby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Lthoward70 wrote:I have a 06 Pathfinder and have a couple questions.

I recently installed a CAI and Throttle Body Spacer and noticed that when i took off the throttle body there was a plastic grate that slid into the plastic air intake just after the throttle body. I was wondering, do I need this? its not like a filter it has about 1/4 holes in it.

Also whenever my tires slip there is a grinding noise coming from somewhere upfront i was thinking it was the front differential or maybe the ABS, not sure though. It just recently started making this noise. This cant be normal right?

Any knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I'm not sure about the intake/TB issue. The grinding noise is normal. Mine does it when the tires are slipping and especially when I'm turning. It has something to do with the limited slip feature.

Lthoward70

Postby Lthoward70 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 pm

my truck seems to do it in 2wd and 4wd. whenever the rear tires slip (which is quite a lot).

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Lthoward70 wrote:my truck seems to do it in 2wd and 4wd. whenever the rear tires slip (which is quite a lot).
I don't think mine has ever done it in 2wd. It's only done it in 4wd while in mud during a turn. I don't spin the rears very often other than that.

Lthoward70

Postby Lthoward70 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 pm

ya it mosty makes the noise in the snow or mud. sometimes on dirt. and since all the roads are covered in snow now ive been spinning tires a lot. hopefully its nothing serious.

Thank you!!

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm

does your TB spacer really work? i mean your cylinder only takes in the air it can while the valve is open so i dont really see how the spacer helps

Lthoward70

Postby Lthoward70 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:35 am

I just installed it today and its been snowing all day so i havent had a chance to open it up. it is suppose to spin the air and make it flow better. with that and cold air intake the engine sounds alot better though. the TB spacer does have a distinct whistle, which is suppose to mean its working. I bought it mainly for better fuel economy. Im adding a bully dog programmer and a custom exhaust as well.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am

cruzstyle wrote:does your TB spacer really work? i mean your cylinder only takes in the air it can while the valve is open so i dont really see how the spacer helps
That's not the function of a TB spacer. They increase plenum volume of the intake and often have some internal feature that provides a vortex effect on the air flow. Smoother, less turbulent air flow into the intake is supposed to provide better accelleration and mpg.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 pm

oh ok well in that case remove your screen because that is what that does as well,

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”