All stock 05 SE. "Must do" items?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 am

pawjr74 wrote:If you clean the throttle body you'll have to go through this re-learn proceedure.

----- IDLE AIR VOLUME LEARNING -----
(The following steps are very time critical and any errors in timing may cause the malfunction indicator lamp to illuminate. If this occurs, you need to reset the ECU and complete all of the tasks again)

1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.

2. Check that all items listed under the topic PREPARATION (previously mentioned) are in good order.

3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, then turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.

5. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.

5-a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
5-b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

6. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL turned ON.

8. Start engine and let it idle.

9. Wait 20 seconds.

12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. The vehicle should idle at 625 RPM's.
Should the engine remain on after step 4 for the revving that takes place in steps 5a-b and 6?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:54 pm

aadadams wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:If you clean the throttle body you'll have to go through this re-learn proceedure.

(The following steps are very time critical and any errors in timing may cause the malfunction indicator lamp to illuminate. If this occurs, you need to reset the ECU and complete all of the tasks again)

2. Check that all items listed under the topic PREPARATION (previously mentioned) are in good order.

4. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, then turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.

6. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL turned ON.

9. Wait 20 seconds.

12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. The vehicle should idle at 625 RPM's.
Should the engine remain on after step 4 for the revving that takes place in steps 5a-b and 6?
I think its with the engine off.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

aadadams wrote:

9. Wait 20 seconds.

the engine is off at that point. Just the key is in the ON position. you actually start/crank over the engine at number 8

bpk01

Postby bpk01 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks Paw I had no idea about that step after cleaning the TB. I also own a 97 maxima and am familiar with the VQ engine but I guess not as familiar as I thought with this newer bigger VQ.

bwareheim

Re: All stock 05 SE. "Must do" items?

Postby bwareheim » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:29 pm

oreogaborio wrote:Hey guys,

What's out there for programmers or chips? I'd love some more mid-range power with a smoother power curve and those usually give a couple extra MPG's as well. Suggestions? One friend of mine suggested a "Hypertech". http://www.autoanything.com/performance ... 07355.aspx

Any better alternatives? Bully Dog worth the extra money? http://www.autoanything.com/performance ... 2A0A0.aspx
Did you ever look into getting a programmer? I am definitely thinking about buying one.

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey, I have NOT gotten a programmer yet... was giving the Bully Dog some consideration but haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

I did, however, do the radiator bypass and fresh ATF this past weekend.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”