Inexpensive/Reliable Lift Thread

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

What lift would you go with on a low price budget?

AC Deluxe Suspension 2" Lift
11%
PRG Mini Lift
11%
Other Option (Adjustable Shocks, Spacers, etc.)
67%
No LIft
11%

Total votes: 9

bwareheim

Inexpensive/Reliable Lift Thread

Postby bwareheim » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Being a college student I don't have a lot of money to spend on a lift. I have been reading a lot of posts on the AC Deluxe Suspension Package from 4x4parts.com and the PRG mini trying to get a good feel for them. I know some people haven't had alignment issues were some have. I just want a 2 to 3 inch lift that will not cause any problems with toe or camber after an alignment because i cant afford to fix things. What do you guys think is best out of those 2 lifts? Or do you guys recommend going with a spacer in the back with stock springs and an adjustable bilstein up front or another option. I just need more clearance and a reliable lift that performs well that is in the $500 range or cheaper.
Also having an 05 would I need to purchase the cam bolts?

Hope you guys can help me out.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:01 pm

I recommend the Bilstein 5100 adjstable shocks up front.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/bilstei ... -5432.html

and the Rancho rear spring spacers in the rear. (New rear shocks are recommended but not required) You shouldn't have the alignment issues if you go with a spacer vs a rear lift spring.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

And you should already have the adjustable alignment bolts on your truck.

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 pm

im going to order the deluxe i emailed them and if needed they can suppy a shorter spring rather then what comes usually with the kit

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:08 pm

emailed AC asking if they offered a different Spring for the deluxe suspension and this is the reply

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I am surprised about concerns with rear wheel alignment, we have one customer that purchased coils over a year ago and I replied to him and then I did not get reply after that. I have heard of some post on the web about that, but have yet to see it and I was not aware of any other customers with such a problem. We can make rear coils that will provide less then 2" of lift and we also have a rear spacer that can provide 1.75" of lift. Just let us know which way you wish to go.

Regards,

Mike
Automotive Customizers
954-971-3510

They can suppy a lift spring of 1.75 i asked.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm

05pathyse wrote:im going to order the deluxe i emailed them and if needed they can suppy a shorter spring rather then what comes usually with the kit
That would be a great option as well. I would have preferred to have a 1 1/2 inch rear lift spring (vs 2+ inches of rear lift) had it been availbale when I bought my lift.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Pawjr74 would still recommend going with spacers in the back and bilsteins up front or get the coils from 4x4 parts that are just a little shorter. Also if i went with with the spacer what shocks would you recommend for the back?

05pathyse what did you end up ordering from 4x4 parts?

Thanks guys

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 pm

bwareheim wrote:Pawjr74 would still recommend going with spacers in the back and bilsteins up front or get the coils from 4x4 parts that are just a little shorter. Also if i went with with the spacer what shocks would you recommend for the back.

05pathyse what did you end up ordering from 4x4 parts?

Thanks guys
My truck stock was a 1/2 inch lower in the front vs the rear. If I had a choice I would go with a 1 1/2 in rear lift spring and that would level the truck out with 2 inches of lift in the front. I only mentioned the spacer due to the alignment issues that I had with my OME (Old Man Emu) rear springs that I had and from some of the other members running the A/C deluxe rear springs. Is A/C going to charge extra for the custom height rear springs?

Also the Bilstein rear shocks with the deluxe kit will work fine if you choose to go with springs or spacers.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok sounds great so you think going with the shorter spring wont cause any alignment issues after an alignment compared to just going with spacers?

And 05pathyse when you get chance let us know the price of the kit you went with from A/C?

I want the best lift with least amount of problems. Thanks again guys.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Another thing to keep in mind is that even though you probably have cam bols already installed, being a 2005 model, the bolts may also be seized, therefore making it difficult/impossible to get it properly aligned.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Could the bolts be replaced with the ones from 4x4parts? how do i know if they are seized before i buy the lift, is there anyway of checking?

remyek

Postby remyek » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 am

So this is the kind of setup you recomend??

2x Pathfinder Front Quick Lift Loaded Shock Pathfinder Front Quick Lift Loaded Shock
$339.90USD

2x Pathfinder Bilstein Rear Shock Pathfinder Bilstein Rear Shock
$122.00USD

1x (pairs?)Rear Spacer Lift Rear Spacer Lift
$75.00USD

1x(kit?) Genuine Nissan Lower A-Arm Camber Alignment Kit Genuine Nissan Lower A-Arm Camber Alignment Kit

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

bwareheim wrote:Could the bolts be replaced with the ones from 4x4parts? how do i know if they are seized before i buy the lift, is there anyway of checking?
I'm guessing that you could replace the existing cam bolts with the ones from 4x4 parts, that is, if you can remove the existing bolts. I think the only way others have found out that they're seized is during the alignment process. Keep in mind, not everyone has had this experience...

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 pm

05pathyse wrote:emailed AC asking if they offered a different Spring for the deluxe suspension and this is the reply

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I am surprised about concerns with rear wheel alignment, we have one customer that purchased coils over a year ago and I replied to him and then I did not get reply after that. I have heard of some post on the web about that, but have yet to see it and I was not aware of any other customers with such a problem. We can make rear coils that will provide less then 2" of lift and we also have a rear spacer that can provide 1.75" of lift. Just let us know which way you wish to go.

Regards,

Mike
Automotive Customizers
954-971-3510

They can suppy a lift spring of 1.75 i asked.

Interesting, I emailed them in November to let them know I was experiencing positive camber in the rear. I received this response:

"Your rear has cam bolts can be adjusted to Nissans specifications. As long as you get the rear in the GREEN you will be good. The rear camber does not need to be at 0 it is less then a degree positive."

Once the weather gets better, I'll be jacking up my pathfinder and replacing the rear springs with the Rancho spacers that I bought from RockAuto. I have a set of the rear links and cam bolts ready just in case they're frozen. I'll also be removing the stock coils from the front Bilstein 5100s and will replace them with OME 607 coils set at the lowest position.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Alright thanks for your guys help i think I am going to buy within the next coupe of weeks:

Bilstein 5100 adjstable shocks up front.
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/bilstei ... -5432.html

and the Rancho rear spring spacers in the rear
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

and most likely the rear shocks
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5714.html

Hopefully my cam bolts will be fine and wont be seized.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”